SRS light

2ndy

Advanced Member
Fitted an aftermarket steering wheel to my car which had turned the SRS light on, the kit that came with it was just a 2Amp fust with wires attached. Is this what I should use? Anyone any fixes to plug into the airbag plug to turn the light off?

Rom

Advanced Member
Normally it's a resistor, though that fuse may have the right resistance.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

2ndy

Advanced Member
Must be what it is, I thought they would have supplied a resistor, is there a way to turn the light back out now or will it just go off on its own when I have it looped?

Was just going to leave it but the light is kind of annoying

2ndy

Advanced Member
That looks like the job there, Il try if with this 2 amp fuse they supplied and hopefully it stays out! Thanks

2ndy

Advanced Member
Just thought I would update this to help anyone who is planning on fitting a different steering wheel and has any problems with the airbag light.

To keep the airbag light your you need to loop the plug that connects to the airbag with a fuse and resistor which provides around 2.2 ohms combined. Either fit it with the battery disconnected so the light will never come on or do the procedure posted above if our light does come on for whatever reason.

I just bought one of eBay with the fuse and resistor together. Only cost £2.45 so not bad at all