SSR Manifold

Project

Advanced Member
Been in contact with Six Sigma Racing this week about their new exhaust manifold and it does look very impressive, great service i must say.
As their main competition in the US is DC sports he could only give me figures against that, but said he could personally dyno one and send a graph.
''On average, you will see a gain of 10+ hp on the top end over a DC header, however the midrange power is where the header really shines. We have seen anywhere from 10-20 HP and ft/lb of torque in the midrange over a DC header.''
Prices are £585 for stainless steel
£496 for mild steel
£43 shipping cost to the UK
(will obviously have to add customs tax when it arrives)
But all in all looks very impressive
A group discount is available so if anyone is interested or wants anymore info I can look into it for you.
I'll definately be making an order myself in the next few months

Project

Advanced Member

Its a full race exhaust so its gonna have to be changed for Mot. The RSX guys rate this as better than toda apprently so im interested in seing some graphs myself.
Highly recommended to have some sort of mount fitted, but if thats on says it will not crack.

Project

Advanced Member
nope, I will be, just wanted to see what you guys thought and if anyone wanted anymore info

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
You will really need kpro with this as it only has 1 lambda boss.

It will (or something will) definatly break unless your engine is almost solidly mounted as a race car would be.

Project

Advanced Member
I have a J's racing torque damper plus have some engine mounts laying in my room, sure that would be enough :?
Also have a Mugen N1 ECU should that not work fine with it :?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you might get away with the mounts and damper but most real race cars are almost completely or mounted solid to the frame.

your N1 ecu will work with the exhaust but you need to fit uprated valvesprings as the rev limit is too high for the stock ones. Your economy will be horendous with N1 too.

Project

Advanced Member
xthumbup
At the moment I have 2 ECU's double stacked i run my OEM one for long journeys and sometimes to work as I do about 50 miles a day, but when I'm using the the Mugen i do notice a big difference in the economy but I think it is only about a days worth ie 50 miles which to me I can live with for the performance difference.
The valve springs yeah i know about so i dont take it to the cut limit as if I'm going to be getting new springs I might as well get valves which then lead to cams which then leads to being broke :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you could just fit s2000 valve springs theres absolutly no reason to change the valves,

when i had the mugen ecu my economy was twice as bad as the kpro almost exactly. :shock:

IPS-DC5

This is an awesome header, but make sure you order the test pipe to make it bolt to your stock exhaust or stock replacement. And I think the test pipe has second O2 bunge.