SSR Wheels.

Tiger_kpt

Advanced Member
Anyone heard of these? Where to buy them from? How light are they compared to other alloys? How much are they worth new and second hand (mint condition)? Has anyone on this forum got a set on their DC5 also?

DC5 came with a set of 17inch SSR five spoke bronze alloy wheels and semi-slick tyres.

Just want a bit of info on them!

spo_gen

Advanced Member
SSR wheels are up there with some of the best alloys.
The process in making these wheels are just behind a certain company by the name of VOLK RAYS. :wink: :D

Tiger_kpt

Advanced Member
Ahhh right. Mine are actually the 6 spoke design... thought they were the five spoke, but not.

Quite expensive then. Hmmm.

spo_gen

Advanced Member
They are exceptionally well made, but realistically SSR alloys are not that expensive compared to its RAYS counterparts.
For 17' wheels, SSR average around £200 each whereas RAYS rape you at around £400 each. :lol:

Gunn79

Advanced Member
Tiger_kpt said:
Ahhh right. Mine are actually the 6 spoke design... thought they were the five spoke, but not.

Quite expensive then. Hmmm.
SSR Type C??

Tiger_kpt

Advanced Member
Yes that's exactly them. Except they are in Bronze.

I was thinking of selling these and going for a set of Gram lights. Not sure though.

What do you think their second hand value is if they are mint... and I mean mint... not a mark on them?

Livvy

Advanced Member
I would never get rid of the SSR's for a set of Gram Lights. The SSR's are a far better wheel IMO.

dazza

Advanced Member
I like that SSR Type C :D 8)
Can't find a UK stockist :?
But you rexkon £200ish a wheel?

dazza

Advanced Member
Just found the US site but only sizes 14,15&16 :(

Found the Type C RS which comes in 17&18 :D