Staining below rear spoiler on championship white. (Pics included)

adam.

Advanced Member
Chaps - my teg stands during the week unused mostly.

After it rains, little puddles form below the rear spoiler and start to stain.

Scrubbing doesn't get it off, and I don't want to t-cut (or similar) them away every time I wash the car.

Clay bar didn't touch it either.

Any ideas?

Pics for clarity:

Untitled by Adam Lister, on Flickr

Untitled by Adam Lister, on Flickr

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Do you use a wax/ sealant at all? I don't want to state the obvious, but it's worth an ask. Also is it parked near or under a tree?

adam.

Advanced Member
I live in a very 'green' area, but there's no trees directly over my driveway.

I've owned the car for 3 months, and only washed it once. I don't think it's waxed or polished with anything.

Once I've got these marks off, I'll use the carnuba stuff I've got in the garage.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Give it a good wash, you will need to protect the paint. Don't use t cut, grab yourself some ultimate compound, that will be better and remove the marks.

I'd start with a claybar and suitable lubricant to remove any gritty feel from the paint. (It won't remove stains. ) take it back to a nice smooth finish.

Next I'd compound the whole car, this will remove stains, and swirling in the paint if any, then a good polish to bring back the shine.

Then a good hard wax. I personally use naviwax, it's long lasting and great to put on, but it's not available in the shops as such, but anything like auto glym hd wax, or something along those lines would be fine. :)

I'm not a professional detailer or anything like that, it's just what I've learnt over the 4 years of Teg ownership, once it's done it's just a case of maintaining it really, regular washing will help. :). But that will get rid of the marks and hopefully stop them returning.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I used to get that all the time and put it down I dirty rain water dripping off the spoiler. After a simple was it would go away but always came back after a rain.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
It should go away after a simple wash as you say Liam but one wash in three months isn't going to help too much. If time to wash the car is an issue, maybe you could invest in a cover? :)

adam.

Advanced Member
You make it sound like the poor thing gets neglected ! :xtsk:

Thanks for the advice though, I'm not even slightly a detailer. The surface is still smooth to the touch, so I guess that's why the clay didn't touch it.

I'll try to cut it back with something and then protect, as you say Jimmer !

Cheers all.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
That's the trouble with text, you can read it many ways.lol I'd like to clear up that I didn't mean any offence by that, just implying a cover may be beneficial to you perhaps. :) sorry mate, I doubt very much you own a car like this, sign up to a forum and neglect it ;) you wouldn't have posted this thread up otherwise :)

So like I say that wasn't a snide comment, but I guess it can be read like that. My mistake. Good layer of your carnuba wax after a quick polish might be all it needs. Does polish remove it at all mate?

adam.

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
That's the trouble with text, you can read it many ways.lol I'd like to clear up that I didn't mean any offence by that, just implying a cover may be beneficial to you perhaps. :) sorry mate, I doubt very much you own a car like this, sign up to a forum and neglect it ;) you wouldn't have posted this thread up otherwise :)

So like I say that wasn't a snide comment, but I guess it can be read like that. My mistake. Good layer of your carnuba wax after a quick polish might be all it needs. Does polish remove it at all mate?
Haha, no offence taken mate !

The only cutting compound(ish) thing I have is t-cut, so I'll give that a light pass to see if it comes off, then give it a good few layers of polish.

I'll post up the results !