Standard Spring Eibach Spring

WayneCivic

Advanced Member
Question.....

The OEM front springs on a DC5, the coils are closer together at the bottom of the spring, the new Eibach springs if you fit them the same as the OEM ones with the coils closer at the bottom, the Eibach writing on the springs is upside down.....

I have seen Mugen shocks and springs but the coils that are closer together are at the top of the shock....

My question is do we fit the Eibach springs with the coils closer to each other at the bottom and have the writing upside down, and at the top??

Liamneale69

That's a very good question as I need to know the same lol I would of thought put them back on the way they came off but like you say the writing will be upside down which is abit strange

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
They will only fit on the strut one way, and that will be apparent apon fitting :) its only the part of the spring that makes it "progressive" my spoon springs are progressive at the top of the coil :) nothing to worry about, just fit them haha.

Its not uncommon for brand names to be placed on something upside down however, but it does look weird. The bottom of the spring should sit on the lower part of the shock, and butt up against the funny step pressed into shape of the base. Like i said, will only fit one way.

Be sure to line up the 'top hat' part with the bottom...there are two small triangle arrows, one on eace piece to ensure they go together the correct way. Don't rely on the imprint in the rubber bits from oem as I found out the first time haha...it knocked for a past time.

I would post up a photo but with photobucket and its fudge up I can't as yet.

Liamneale69

I thought that but it's good to double check lol thanks jimmer and thanks Wayne for the thread! Will be fitting mine shortly

WayneCivic

Advanced Member
Thanks guys
Jimmer I fitted mine last night that's why I thought I would ask the question, but I fitted the new springs both ways to see if they would, and they did 😕

WayneCivic

Advanced Member
Anyone got a pic of the triangle arrows which are used to locate the top mounts to the shocks?