Standard Suspension struts.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Does anyone know where I can get front and rear shock absorbers for my DC5? I've searched everywhere I can think, and all I can find is coilovers which I don't really want...
I'll be ringing honda in the morning for a price...but does anywhere know where I can get some new standard for resonable money?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Your probably better off going for Bilstien dampers as the Honda OEM are supposedly expensive although i never did inquire, just what i found when searching.

Bilstien don't actually list for the DC5 but the ones for it are EP3 units.

One of my rear dampers has a slight misting so iv'e booked in @ TGM for a couple of Bilstien's.
They do one that is like Honda's and another that is more sporting and dearer, i'm going for their standard one's which are like OEM.

Be interesting to know what Honda charge ;) Let us all know mate :)

T.G.

Benneh

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Your probably better off going for Bilstien dampers as the Honda OEM are supposedly expensive although i never did inquire, just what i found when searching.

Bilstien don't actually list for the DC5 but the ones for it are EP3 units.

One of my rear dampers has a slight misting so iv'e booked in @ TGM for a couple of Bilstien's.
They do one that is like Honda's and another that is more sporting and dearer, i'm going for their standard one's which are like OEM.

Be interesting to know what Honda charge ;) Let us all know mate :)

T.G.
Be interesting to know what TGM charge for parts and fitting too, as this was something I was thinking about for the later months this year! ;)

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Benneh said:
Be interesting to know what TGM charge for parts and fitting too, as this was something I was thinking about for the later months this year! ;)
I think Tom said about £60 each for the rear's + VAT as well i suppose and then fitting. I'm having a new clutch done as well while down there.........Heavy month incoming.

T.G.

Benneh

Advanced Member
That's better than I thought it would be actually! Definitely have to add that to the list then :)

donzooo

Advanced Member
I take it with the bilsteins you will need washers to make them fit at the rear and EP3 track rod ends for the front?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Donald_TSC said:
I take it with the bilsteins you will need washers to make them fit at the rear and EP3 track rod ends for the front?
Yes definitely needs washers on the rear, my searches revealed EP3 track rod ends for the front are required.
Not much of a problem really ;)

T.G.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Pardon my ignorance, but who is tgm?

I'll update tomorrow when I've spoken to honda :)

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
I've spoken to my local honda dealership ref the struts..

Front are a RRP- : £205.76+vat each and are on back order until 08/05/2015

Rear are a RRP - : £113.35 +vat each and are available on stock order.

I'm awaiting a return telephone call from TGM ref they're prices, but searching online think there dealer only parts?

Can anyone confirm my research?
I don't really want to space out and use EP3 suspension, as id like to keep it as intended and use the DC5 suspension?

Many thanks,

Ross

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Have you tried Dave at Steels honda? He's pretty good at getting parts in, which are claimed by other honda dealers as being on back order. :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Has anyone bought from nengun before? I cant remember if there is a big import price whack ontop of that price or not....May be getting my companies / websites confused. Lol

James

Ben_brodie

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Has anyone bought from nengun before? I cant remember if there is a big import price whack ontop of that price or not....May be getting my companies / websites confused. Lol

James
I hope not, I was going to order some when I get paid ... Hopefully someone will know.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Company is japan based so can only imagine higher courier, duty costs on top versus a company in uk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Potentially two new front struts. roads around Weston-super-mare are killing my car slowly, haha. Ill try the droplinks first, as they are 3 years old now, but im asking for a price atm as I think its them. Got new topmounts last year too. And after insurance next month I may buy some (fund's permitted.) or atleast have an idea on how much to save haha:)

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jimmer, let me know how you get on with pricing them up. My front top struts need changing and like you some roads round here aren't nice to my shocks and I'll rather get them done at the same time than pay twice on labour and geo set up etc.

Best prices for top struts I've come across is tegiwa oem for ep3