Standard Suspension struts.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ive changed them already mate. ;)
Its literally just struts that are old and in need of replacement.

Ive changed, bushes, springs, drop links, (will change again too), top mounts, springs again, a full geo setup and now starting to knock rather too much for my liking. Haha. I want to change them anyway out of principle really, just to future proof myself some more. I like doing that. Haha

p1tse

Advanced Member
Sorry, was meant to be a question on where did you get top mounts and price?

From what I've read there isn't much option for shocks

I don't want to go down or need coilovers

Otherwise I know someone who's gone down the ep3 bilstein route

Rob R

Advanced Member
Was going to say EP3 Bilsteins may be a good shout. I got a price for OEM shocks before and nearly fell off my chair. Might still have it with part numbers if you need it

p1tse

Advanced Member
Bilsteins have several versions, b4 ( oem like), b6 , b8 etc

Then have to add in cost of track rod ends for front from ep3.

If only nenguns prices were uk shipped, but on website it's still £250 a pair and would imagine near £100 for courier, duty, tax; so all adds up
Plus ontop £100+ top mounts.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Oh sorry, I just got mine from Honda mate, but yeah I know its going to be pricy but like yourself its something that will last another 140k so I don't mind shelling out. I don't want coilovers either.

p1tse

Advanced Member
The benefits I see from bilsteins b8 is that they are serviceable items
Although not sure which is better that or oem.

I have no complaints to oem, but it's the cost factor which I imagine from most routes to your door will be just shy of £500 for 2 shocks is a lot of money

p1tse

Advanced Member
Burn! Motorsport said:
£200 each Left is available but right is back ordered to June. Let us know if you wish to order up.
Thanks, but not for me at the moment

paul 16v

Advanced Member
Ive had bilstein b4s on a pervious car and they weren't the best imo i have also had b8's on civic type r.. and they were good but i would not say they were better than the oems on dc5 (both using abp-30mm eibachs)

p1tse

Advanced Member
paul 16v said:
Ive had bilstein b4s on a pervious car and they weren't the best imo i have also had b8's on civic type r.. and they were good but i would not say they were better than the oems on dc5 (both using abp-30mm eibachs)
Thanks for the insight and feedback
I didn't expect b4 would be better than oem dc5 but b8s i thought would be more comparable

samhalsey

I'll be fitting my coilovers within the next week or so, so could always sell mine if you get stuck :)

p1tse

Advanced Member
samhalsey said:
I'll be fitting my coilovers within the next week or so, so could always sell mine if you get stuck :)
Thanks for the offer.
What mileage, condition is all yours in?
It's more a preventative whilst top mounts need doing

samhalsey

Patch_teg said:
Thanks for the offer.
What mileage, condition is all yours in?
It's more a preventative whilst top mounts need doing
the cars on 85000 kilometers, and to be completely honest, i dont know what condition they will be in until theyre off, i'll let you know once done though if you like?

p1tse

Advanced Member
samhalsey said:
the cars on 85000 kilometers, and to be completely honest, i dont know what condition they will be in until theyre off, i'll let you know once done though if you like?
Thanks
Keep me posted. Is yours in standard springs?
What are you replacing it with?