Standard suspension

skengdR

Advanced Member
interesting thread , as a new owner its good to hear the varied opinions.

My dc5 is on a oem suspension setup at the moment , I am trying to refresh everything and have a spare of the vital pieces before I look into coilovers.

I might try some lowering springs but I will probably keep it oem til the end of summer .

Thanks for sharing everyone !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
FFS.

Edit: Surprised all this talk of suspension hasn't brought up a trip to America or a mate with a McLaren. Some people love brands, helps to push a 'successful' image of themselves 🙄
Pointless comment above that‘s as useful as your post as a whole to anyone. In reality some of us just buy quality and not cheap rip off copy parts for our cars.

Buy cheap buy twice, or just do it right first time and do it knowing it will cost a bit more but save you £££‘s in the long run (it‘s as simple as that). I‘d rather leave my car stock and save for the right parts over rush it and end up regretting purchases, been there done it on prev cars and this is why I only buy good quality items or oem Honda now...

Also personal attacks about personal success are pathetic imo. I hate my job with a passion and am trying to setup a business so far from successful as success is happiness in a role also. So that was pretty childish of you but hey that‘s the life of forums. I‘ve helped a lot of people here and only advise on personal experience where I‘ve got experience of the issues, parts of similar and only comment when I am an add value. I‘ve bought and regretted many parts on many makes of cars in the past and regretted it and so feel it's only fair to give a true honest account of my experience to help others from making similar mistakes.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

Some heated debate going on in here but I don't think it helps by arguing with each other.

We all have our thoughts and opinions on things, it's good to read about different feedback and we all have various experiences of cars and setups etc. I know things can get a little heated but lets try and be nice to one another. :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
ollieh17 said:
Have you used yellowspeeds coilovers on anything?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
No but my friends have used them and had many issues hence experience as I‘ve seen the state of them after minimal use

So luckily I didn‘t buy them and experience the lack of durability they offered

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hey guys,

Some heated debate going on in here but I don't think it helps by arguing with each other.

We all have our thoughts and opinions on things, it's good to read about different feedback and we all have various experiences of cars and setups etc. I know things can get a little heated but lets try and be nice to one another. :)
Exactly this mate, keyboard warriors on here unfortunately.

As you know I have tried and done many things on many makes and models of cars but maybe I shouldn‘t bother helping others nowadays as people only seem to be obsessed with fanboy parts (Skank2 etc) :-(

ollieh17

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
No but my friends have used them and had many issues hence experience as I‘ve seen the state of them after minimal use

So luckily I didn‘t buy them and experience the lack of durability they offered
Genuinely interested to hear their findings first hand. What they did to look after them, what issues they had etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

badeshi

Advanced Member
My mild experience going from cheap coilovers (hsd) to bilstein b14.

Much much better on the b14s. Rides the road fairly well, still quite firm but much better at handling the bumps and undulations. Build quality is much better than hsd also...

However - there is mild play in one of the front shocks! They can be rebuilt but hoped they would last longer (3 years)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk