standard wheels refurb

dp9901

Advanced Member
thinking bout getting original wheels refurbed but not sure wether to get them powder coated in championship white (which is original colour) or to go for a graphite/gunmetal grey colour. any one got pics of dark wheels on a c/w. also anyone know of powder coating in the south west i.e devon area.cheers then :)

mad

Why don't you use the search function? I'm sure you can find quite a lot of photos.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I think one of the best colours I have seen is when Livvy & Paul did theirs.

Just found this pic by doing a search, I think those wheels just look the ducks nuts 8)

Cheers
Wardy

linzi94

Advanced Member
i was contemplating getting mine refurbed a similar colour to the work emotions too, but now i see these pics i think it mybe looks too dark, unless the pics arent doing the colour justice?

DC5TU

Advanced Member
i fancy the colour of the works above too!!

maybe with a slight blue pinstripe?

Suped

Advanced Member
I have the stock wheels refurbed in gloss black with a diamond cut finish on the face. I'll get some piccies up this weekend. :lol:

Chief

Advanced Member
Suped said:
I have the stock wheels refurbed in gloss black with a diamond cut finish on the face. I'll get some piccies up this weekend. :lol:
What happened to your other wheels mate?

Evs

Advanced Member
Suped said:
Sounds interesting & different - looking forward to seeing the pics 8)

linzi94

Advanced Member
diamond cut - imagine the popular honda oem wheel called "epsilon" that you see on accords. we replace loads of them under warranty.

konig do a lot of wheels like that too, black inside edges with polished face.

Evs

Advanced Member
Yeah I'm not surprised about the warranty claims - the painted ones are bad enough, but getting lacquer to stick to bare ally for any length of time is pretty difficult.... :?

timp

Advanced Member
i sometimes look at my Works and think they are too dark, other times i like it but close up they look the nuts. I haven't put the lettering on mine

dazza

Advanced Member
Really liked the colour of these when i first saw them and maybe the way i might go when i get mine refurbed.

Not a huge colour change from oem but it's just slightly different 8)

timp

Advanced Member
I got a set of CTR wheels refurbished and it cost me £50 a wheel at some joint in Melton Mobrey they did a top job taking the tyres off and dipping them first to remove all old paint. Alot of places charge alot more than that.

As for getting them powder coated i would like to know what price that will be? as i might get my old oem wheels done incase i ever get bored

dp9901

Advanced Member
i have had a quote of £35 +vat per wheel for powdercoating from a place in exeter(1st choice finishers) they dont do championship white though so its either match it as best as poss from their swatches or go for a dark colour.also is powder coating better or should i just get them re-painted have heard powder coated wheels can chip easier?

timp

Advanced Member
dp9901 said:
i have had a quote of £35 +vat per wheel for powdercoating from a place in exeter(1st choice finishers) they dont do championship white though so its either match it as best as poss from their swatches or go for a dark colour.also is powder coating better or should i just get them re-painted have heard powder coated wheels can chip easier?
Mate top price you haven't got a phone number for them have yah?