Start Button Harness

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I'm in the process of installing an engine start button, on the harness I bought unfortunately the connector for the plug circled was ripped off prior to me buying it.

Can anyone tell me what this connector is actually for that plugs into the start button harness? Is it just a 12V power feed? It's right up behind the clocks so getting it is basically impossible. I'd much rather splice off the 12V socket if possible.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

joiner

Advanced Member
Just thinking, wouldn't have anything to do with a 12v supply for the bulb in the button so it comes on same time as the dash lights?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
joiner said:
Just thinking, wouldn't have anything to do with a 12v supply for the bulb in the button so it comes on same time as the dash lights?
Possibly! I'm going to get a test light on the pin tomorrow and see if I can get the wire to come live. I've ordered some 2.8mm crimps which should fit in the plug, if they don't fit I'll have to get creative lol

joiner

Advanced Member
Good luck haha! Looks like a real pain in the arse for you, let us know how you get on :)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
joiner said:
Good luck haha! Looks like a real pain in the arse for you, let us know how you get on :)
I think I broke my back in 6 places just getting under there to take this photo

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
I‘m planning on making my own loom for a button I bought off eBay and as far as I can see the switch only needs a switched live and an earth in order to power the relay when the button is pushed, after that it‘s the start circuit via a 5 pin relay and illumination for the back light.

My bet is that‘s the illumination wire for the backlight 🙂

SamDC5

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
I‘m planning on making my own loom for a button I bought off eBay and as far as I can see the switch only needs a switched live and an earth in order to power the relay when the button is pushed, after that it‘s the start circuit via a 5 pin relay and illumination for the back light.

My bet is that‘s the illumination wire for the backlight
I've ordered some tiny crimps so I'll see how I get on with it, it's been too wet and cold to do anything