Start Button (Honda Access Kit) & EP3 Fog Switch Illumination?

redcap

Advanced Member
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get these illuminated?

I fitted them years ago but they have never been illuminated. So it‘s probably about time I sorted it out! 😆

wocka

Advanced Member
Will just be the bulbs mate

Starter one....

https://www.hendyeshop.co.uk/s2000-starter-button-bulb-replacement-35851s2a505-33092-p.asp

I can‘t find the fog button one but if you go into Honda they will help you

Alternatively get led ones, think there called neo wedge but not sure, the button has 2 bulbs, one for the light and the other to illuminate the symbol

Here‘s what they look like, I‘m in the shed while replying so thought I‘d show you

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redcap

Advanced Member
Hi, thanks for your help! My fog light does have green bulb in it to indicate that it is on but I would prefer it to be red.

redcap

Advanced Member
Right so the standard bulb in the start button is total shite and no where near bright enough! I‘m now trying to identify what I need to get to replace it. I think a red led is the way to go.

The bulb I need is a Neo Wedge (thanks Wocka) which come in various sizes. Does anyone know the size/version? I think it might be a 3 but I‘m not 100% sure.

wocka

Advanced Member
Unfortunately can‘t help you on which ones to get, I replaced them around 5 years ago on my old Dc5 and can only remember the name not the size

Ep3 carl on here has ordered me and him some red led ones for our start buttons, I will give him a message and let you know

redcap

Advanced Member
Thanks for your help! I ordered some of these Red LED Neo Wedge T3 bulbs off eBay last night.

It seems both my Start Button and EP3 Fog switch should have been illuminated the whole time but the standard bulbs are way too weak for the light to show up!

Should be an easy fix which is good but I could have and should have done it years ago! 😂

I‘ll post a pics up once they are done. 👍🏼

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member

Mine arrived today I‘ll try and get it fitted and photo‘d tonight

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
Fitted them just waiting for it to go alittle dark to grab some photos for you

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member

Works perfectly mate

Also that bulbs works in he hazard switch too

redcap

Advanced Member
Looks good! 👍🏼

The LED bulbs I ordered off eBay from a UK seller didn‘t fit, they were T3‘s but they were too small and kept falling out.

I also ordered some bulb style LED ones from China but they are going to take ages to arrive.

I might just order the same ones as you. Have you got an EP3 fog light switch? Just wondering how these bulbs would look installed in one?

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
I have an EP3 on installed atm but don‘t like it so will be removing it and going back to my old DC5 one

For the hazard switch they use the same bulb if you run a EP3 switch your need to use a RED led “to match interior lighting”

If you run a DC5 switch you will need a White LED one mate