Start button light.

SharpyDC5

As above. I was replacing bulbs this morning and thought I'd take a look at the starter button, noticed it did have a bulb but it was loose, I didn't know they were meant to light up til lately. but I've noticed once I've started the car it stays ON. surely this can't be right!? Can anyone shed some light on this situation.

Mark_teg

Staff member
The light will be a totally different circuit to the start circuit, so yes it is normal.

SharpyDC5

Cheers for the reply Mark. thought there would be away to get it to turn off once the car was started or fade off like the light does on the ignition barrel.

Mark_teg

Staff member
You probably could take a feed from somewhere for it to do that, but I wouldn't bother personally.. It might cause you problems in the future so it isn't worth the hassle.

SharpyDC5

The bulb was already there, it just needed turned. looked like the the same as the one in the hazarded button. no idea a number. easy to get to though.

Rom

Advanced Member
Pretty sure mine doesnt light up haha. It matches my hazard switch...

redcap

Advanced Member
Mine doesn't light up either, can anyone post a pic of how/where to access the bulb?

I fitted mine myself and I'm sure I connected everything that should be connected. I also thought it was a sealed unit?

Rom

Advanced Member
redcap said:
Mine doesn't light up either, can anyone post a pic of how/where to access the bulb?

I fitted mine myself and I'm sure I connected everything that should be connected. I also thought it was a sealed unit?
Clicky