Start Button

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Sweet cheers guys! 👍
Also do you know if the plugs on the day loom will be there already to take her start button? As mines "c pack" but hasn't got a start button, I've always wished it had one just as a little quirk.

Also didn't someone on here recently got one retro fitted to there facelift or am I making it up?

coconat

Advanced Member
That was me :) I was lucky enough to buy one with the loom all intact just needed tidying up but otherwise pretty easy to fit

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Ah I thought someone did, so the car loom had the plugs etc there already? As im getting one with the loom to a d I'm just worried that it hasn't got the plugs in the dash loom 😕

coconat

Advanced Member
Yes it was literally plug and play after tidying up the loom as the wiring was a bit rubbish. Had to cut out the center bar and the coin slot to make room for the button but fits snug as a bug, I haven't started my car with the key ever since, it's only a small addition but feels good :D

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Awesome that's what I wanted to here 😃
Haha yea that's why I want one really for the fun of starting it with the button lpl

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I've been keeping my eye out for a starter button and loom but they are appear to be like hens teeth for coming up forsale..

anton1234

Advanced Member
You can buy them new from the states icbmotorsports.com but at 270 usd +delivery they ain't the cheapest

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Yea, I've seen the ones they sell, but for that price, at the moment at least, I'll live with turning the key haha

coconat

Advanced Member
I bought mine for about £45, just keep looking one will come along :) Mine was from a broken Blue Pre iirc

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Once you get one and fit it it's so addictive - puts a smile on my face every time I start my car I feel so proud to have one hahaha
Oh and the folding mirrors still novelty factor with them and I've had teg since November hahaha

Good luck with the search :)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
civicjordan281 said:
Yea I tried him 1st, he has got one but it's linked in to his alarm he said and he can't take it out :(
Ha ha! I asked him too. Shame it's all integrated. I'm after one too with the loom. Race is on!! 😉

coconat

Advanced Member
I would consider giving mine away to one of you if you delivered a lorry full of cake to my door by 7pm tonight

wj51fut

Advanced Member
coconat said:
I would consider giving mine away to one of you if you delivered a lorry full of cake to my door by 7pm tonight
Consider it done my dear! What would you like? 😉

ste01

Advanced Member
Do people use the little grey connector or just cut it off and connect it to ground? I can't find anywhere it will plug in! Any pictures of where it plugs into the teg would be appreciated :)