Starter Button

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Does anybody know what wire under the steering column is the 12 volt supply to the Starter Motor as I'm gonna buy a push start button from Tegiwa and surround from ICB Motorsport and wire it in myself.. Should save me over £150 doing it this way.

osiras

Advanced Member
Power probe and multi metre all the way.
Not sure it's a jobs to do if your not confident though?

Adam-f

Advanced Member
By a 12V tester, ground it to the car and check for power throughout the harness when switching the ignition on,

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Cheers pal I thought I'd end up having to do that anyway after I saw I had no replies

I Just need to locate the Cranking Feed from the ignition switch and then I will wire in a ground and probably wire the Switch feed to The battery light as it will then cut the power to the switch when the engine is running so theres no risk of it being presed once started.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
By a 12V tester, ground it to the car and check for power throughout the harness when switching the ignition on,
I will use my multimeter at work as I'm a Citroen/Peugeot Tech by trade. I will probably do a guide so that people who don't want to fork out lots of money for the kit can do it themselves :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to use a relay lee, the button itself cant handle the current ,

How will you prevent it cranking when the engine is running?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I will splice the starter button in between the ignition switch and starter relay so it still uses the original starter circuit for cranking.

To stop it from working while the engine is running I'm hoping to locate the battery warning light feed and wire it to that so that the Starter switch is only live when the battery light is illuminated with the ignition on and engine off.