Starting tyre temps

RobS

Advanced Member
Hey all, got my firsttrack day at Croft on Monday 6th - what would people recommend for starting tyre pressures? I won't have the facility to change them I don't think during the day so need something safe first and foremost.

Cheers,

Rob

Mebz

Advanced Member
What tyres you running?

At Oulton, I set my cold pressures to 26psig. After a session, back in the garage, the measured 30psig.

Running federal rsr's

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I always aim for 30psi when I come in from being on track, and that's after a cool down lap.

Hot day I'd start with lowering cold pressures to 26psi, wet day 28psi.

If it is your first track day I'd start at 28psi anyway as you should be going steady to start with.

MrRy

Advanced Member
I ran 24psi at croft before I went out and found them ideal after trying 26, 20 and 22 - 225/45/17 AD08R's.

Dan34

Advanced Member
If you're running AD08's I'd recommend trying to run them at 32psi hot, use to run them at 30ish but they seem better at 32 and that's also what Yokohama themselves recommend.

RobS

Advanced Member
Sorry I should of said, the tyres are Bridgestone RE070's 225/45/17. The pressures are a lot lower than I was expecting, do people set them to this at the track and have them higher for the journey home?

thanks for the feedback and information, its my first trackday and I am really looking forward to it :)

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Start with oem pressures and remove air as that's easier than putting air in

Aim for 32-34 hot. Some tyres need more

Check pressures after they have cooled to get cold pressure for future reference.

I've just fitted ad08r. Yoko recommend 33psi hot

martinj46

Advanced Member
For reference, at Croft my cold pressures on 225/45/17 Federal RSR's were 21psi front, and 23psi rear. That gave me around 30psi hot after each session