Starting warm engine with key?

markl

Anyone ever had problems trying to restart warm engine, like a few minutes after you turned off? Only with the key mind :S the push button still works fine!! Any ideas ? or anyone had similar experience?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Never heard of that problem before and I cant see how using the key is different to pushing the button

markl

I dont know then mate. It aint my car its me old mans. Its done it a few times recently. Ive bin in the car when its done it :S Jus thought id post see if any ideas anyone had? Jus nothing when turning the key but starts straight away with button :S

mikegsi

Staff member
never had that problem, but i rarely use the key now for that final turn!

neolee40

Advanced Member
markl said:
Anyone ever had problems trying to restart warm engine, like a few minutes after you turned off? Only with the key mind :S the push button still works fine!! Any ideas ? or anyone had similar experience?
make sure the clutch it down properly lift it up and down again :) then turn the key

mikegsi

Staff member
i love watching our lass trying to start teh car without the clutch dipped, she never listens!!

also puts her off driving my car which is a good thing too!

markl

Have spoke to me old man. He showed me the teg doin it. Its weird. If he's bin for a drive n the engine is warm then it turns the engine off, if he turns the key to start it then nothign happens and all the lights on the dash go off and also the stereo switches of for split second. :S It aint a bad problem considerin he uses the button anyway. Its probably something simple but he hasnt really lookedinto it. Jus realised other day. Thanks for the replys anyway :D