Static plate in testing

wocka

Advanced Member
Hey all,

I‘m always asked if I do static plates aswell as sticky, well the answer is no but.... that may be changing

I have made EP3-Carl a static plate to run and test for at least a month, Carl‘s a friend and lives 5 mins from me so we can both keep an eye on the plate

He‘s going to move it around into different places and hopefully it doesn‘t come flying off, there will be a lot of testing for this because I don‘t want to offer something that fails

Once I pick my car up I will also be testing one of these depending if I‘m not selling them by then

These are thin and flexible just like my sticky plates, same awesome quality too

Me and Carl will keep this thread updated.
Here‘s some pics of the plate

Ps. This is not standard size plate, it‘s smaller because the modulo kit stops him running a 400x85mm in certain places

More pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
Me too, hopefully they work. If they fail in any way then I won‘t be selling them unfortunately so it‘s just a waiting game

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
What is it that keeps these stuck on then? surely it can't be "static" lol so is it like some sticky substance that is useable time and time again? If the sticky side so to speak were to touch dirt are they then un usable? or can they just be washed off and re applied? or is it lots of mini sucker type things?

Just curious :)

ste01

Advanced Member
No it's not static electricity, it'll just be a mechanical adhesion that comes from the surfaces being very smooth

wocka

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
What is it that keeps these stuck on then? surely it can't be "static" lol so is it like some sticky substance that is useable time and time again? If the sticky side so to speak were to touch dirt are they then un usable? or can they just be washed off and re applied? or is it lots of mini sucker type things?

Just curious :)
No there not sticky mate, the surface is smooth and dry and can be wiped clean, at work we call it self cling, not sure what the proper term is but it sticks to almost smooth surfaces

To reuse just peel it off and reposition, it does feel like a static type bond, just like a balloon but that‘s all the info I can give you on it unfortunately

Carl will happily show anyone who he sees and I have one here i can show people

I will post a video up over the weekend of the plate if it helps

James

wocka

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
I imagine it's going to be like them badges you see on taxi's
There magnetic mate so they won‘t go onto plastic, these will stick to most smooth surfaces

Mebz

Advanced Member
wocka said:
There magnetic mate so they won‘t go onto plastic, these will stick to most smooth surfaces

Ah yes of course.

wocka

Advanced Member
But as I said, I won‘t be selling them if I‘m not happy with them

I don‘t want to sell anything that is going to come flying off after a few weeks, but on the plus side they will be sold in sets of 3 like my sticky plates

carl hammond

Advanced Member
wocka said:
But as I said, I won‘t be selling them if I‘m not happy with them

I don‘t want to sell anything that is going to come flying off after a few weeks, but on the plus side they will be sold in sets of 3 like my sticky plates

Sounds great to me mate, do you have a price in mind for them ? Thanks

wocka

Advanced Member
Not yet mate as need to cost up the material, we have the stuff I‘ve used in stock so don‘t know the 2018 price for it

Once carl has had it on a few weeks with no problems and it‘s looking positive I will do some costing :)

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
Still all good no issues what‘s so ever has been removed and moved a few times and no problems

wocka

Advanced Member
Vtec is a way of life said:
Did you ever start selling these by the way mate ?

Nope, I wasn‘t happy with them in the end so knocked it on the head. Going to stick with just selling sticky plates