Static shocks

kingston

Advanced Member
Hello all,

Now that im starting to sort out all the lil niggles on the car, just wondering if anyone knows what can be causing static shocks i receive after driving it for x amount of time.

Also, what can be done to stop/prevent it from happening anymore.

Thanks

H105Daz

Advanced Member
I've had this the last few days, dunno if its weather related or articles of clothing rubbing on my seat covers.

Seem to get it from time to time with any car really, after getting hit by one or two 'jolts', I tend to push my door shut via the window glass...! :-"

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
[/quote]

Do i look like a fornicate pikey?[/quote]

you want an honest answer??

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
i've always had shocks off cars in the summer ever since i can remember.

infact its such a pain that i got in the habit of always closing car doors by pressing on the glass as i'd always get a shock if i pushed it on any metal part!

kingston

Advanced Member
Do i look like a fornicate pikey?[/quote]

you want an honest answer??[/quote]

Wheres the report button, i want to report this poster for mental abuse...

gregb

Advanced Member
I don't mind getting them from the teg but i get them from shopping trolleys all year round :evil: ,worse than the cars and even through my runners on to my big toe :shock:.

clanny

There's a cast iron guaranteed way to prevent these shocks. Touch a metal part of the bodywork as you're getting out the car. Touch it before starting to get out, and keep in contact until you're off the seat. Problem solved.

kingston

Advanced Member
Mine seems to have gone away with the change in seasons, i.e. only happened on the cold days so no idea what causes or caused it

clanny

On really cold days, there's less moisture in the air so static tends to build up more - lessmoisture to conduct it away.

simon-

never happened with me, is it not something with your electric grounding?
It can often be the choice of footwear used. Any sort of nylon soles can be painful as they can gather quiet a strong charge from the mats during driving. I used to suffer a lot from this but I usually wear Dc shoes and they seem to be good.Just my two cents/pence......

mikegsi

Staff member
stop rubbing yourself up and down in the seat and maybe consider not wearing the metal studs in your thong............