Static shocks

Ed209

Any one else get a lot of static shocks off their dc5 I get one literally everything I get out and mostly quite strong ones

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
What shoes/ clothes you wearing? That will make a difference. Fleece clothes, smooth joggers etc will all cause static. Or certain shoes will do too.

Few options,..

1) open the door and ground yourself (literally touch the floor) before getting out / touching the door to close.

2) get a tacky rubber strip that dangles under the car so it‘s another way to remove static energy...looks crap though

3) swap items of clothing / shoes and find out which is causing it. Then when you wear that particular item again you know to lean out and touch the floor before anything else. Looks stupid but works. :)

Ed209

I admit I am wearing pretty bad clothes for static but nothing I don't normally drive in other cars and never had it like this but will try touching the floor, any chance of a bad earth in the car causing it?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Bloody hell, tell me about it. I think I'm Rayden from Mortal Kombat the amount of electrical shocks I get from touching my car ha ha!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I had a spell of getting them all the time, don‘t anymore. I narrowed it down to a pair of timberland boots haha. Get the odd one or two but nothing abnormal. Just is what it Is.
If I‘ve got my Recaro seat cover on the nylon can be nightmare for it

ste01

Advanced Member
SnejVTEC said:
All the time, in my white PFL 🤔
Oh yeah they are bad for it too, I'm guessing your white pfl has alloy wheels and rubber tyres?