Steering arms/Tie Rods

2ndy

Advanced Member
So I'm currently doing a suspension refresh in my dc5 and when I took the steering arms out of it I notice one was slightly bent so I'm going to replace both of them since I have it all apart. Looking online I have a few options, I can go OEM Honda for about £85 a side, Tegiwa shortened arms for £120 or hardrace do 2, OEM size for £80 for both or shortened version for £75 for both...

How would I know if I really need shortened arms? My car is lowered, going to have buddyclub ball joints and has a rack raiser. Would I benefit from the shorter arms? It's new to me as I had never heard of them before

spooke

Advanced Member
I believe the shorter arms are for running high camber and toe out, if you were fine before just get some Hardrace OEM. If you plan on making your geometry more aggressive then get the Tegiwa ones.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I'm not sure if I was fine before as I never had an alignment I just drove it hoe I bought it :S probably go for the shorter am hardrace as it says they can be set at OEM length anyway but will allow me more adjustment which will probably be needed as it is a car for track

spooke

Advanced Member
That's good to know, will probably consider those if I need shorter tie rods. :)