Steering Rack Ends - same for the dc5 ITR & rsx?

Jor-El

Advanced Member
As the title states, anyone know if they are the same?

Failing that, what is the part # for the dc5 steering rack ends?

thanks

Evs

Advanced Member
Same as what? Title was too long... :lol:

If you mean EP3 then no they're not the same.

jostrom

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
No Rsx are the same as ep3 not dc5
No. DC5 RSX (base and Type-S) have the larger ones [53541-S7A-003] while EP3 has smaller ones. RSX and Civic do not have the same tie rod ends. I'm not 100% sure if JDM DC5 has the exact same parts as USDM DC5 models, but I know for a fact that USDM DC5 tie rod ends fit JDM DC5 suspension.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Just answered the post in the other thread, i had RSX coilovers on my car for a year and they needed Civic rod ends as the tapered holes were too small, so maybe they changed on a particular year?? maybe manufactured incorrectly, who knows?? since then i have always assumed they were ep3 bits

We have also fitted civic suspension to dc5's they need rod ends and a couple of shims on the rear lower mounts to fit.

jostrom

Advanced Member
There is no difference between model years. EP3 tie rod ends have smaller cones. If your coilovers needed Civic tie rod ends, the coilovers were Civic coilovers.

If you use DC5 suspension in EP3 you need the DC5 larger tie rod ends and you also need to machine the rear lower bush few millimeter more narrow. Vice versa, if you use EP3 suspension in DC5 you need the smaller tie rod ends and shims for the rear lower bush just like you said.

I had HKS DC5 suspension in my EP3 and know few others who have RSX coilovers (Buddy Club etc) in their EP3s. All required the exact same mods.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
thats weird maybe i had civic fronts and teg rears then :shock:

they're gone now so it doesn't really matter i suppose.

Jor-El

Advanced Member
ok, just to clarify, rsx and itr are interchangeable?

Not that it matters now, the sound I was hearing was my front spring becoming unseated. But still good to know for future reference.