Steering Rack?

num0021

Advanced Member
I was wondering what would be the signs of a faulty steering rack. It is the vibration, heavy steering, pulling to one side. Any advice from forum members will be great.

Chi

Clunking noises when turning wheel.

Steering feel has decreased.

Thats what my friend noticed before he checked his steering rack to find it bust.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I have never ever heard of a rack failing at all just through use, if the cars pulling etc its more likely your geometry needs doing
Dc5 steering is fairly heavy to start with, best bet is to take it to a pro (TGM for example) who will put your mind at ease

num0021

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
I have never ever heard of a rack failing at all just through use, if the cars pulling etc its more likely your geometry needs doing
Dc5 steering is fairly heavy to start with, best bet is to take it to a pro (TGM for example) who will put your mind at ease
Thanks! I have a perception that the steering rack is not 100% working order. I will bring it to the garage to have it check out. I just didn't want to be driving if I have a faulty steering rack, it is quite dangerous especially on the motorway.