Steering wheel boss adapter

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Does anyone know of another manufacturer of steering boss adapters for our cars?

My hkb I bought new has cracked during install. I wasn't impressed with the quality before it went click, the fact it's shat itself during the install cements my thoughts. It's a sloppily casted peice of aluminium crap.

Now I have brands on Sunday and no way of fitting my beautiful new suede wheel. Unhappy.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I've fitted and Nrg short boss and quick release snap of boss.

Do you have an oem steering wheel to fall back on ?

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I do have the original wheel to put back, but I don't want that one.

I'm just deflated is all..

I've spent a few hours making that POS boss fit, the mounting face wasn't even flat.. I'm almost glad it cracked, I wasn't impressed from the moment I opened the box.

Thanks for the photos and info. :)

Can anyone confirm if the ep3 boss adapters can be used? I can pick one of those up tomorrow.

Richie200

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
I do have the original wheel to put back, but I don't want that one.
I'm just deflated is all..
I've spent a few hours making that POS boss fit, the mounting face wasn't even flat.. I'm almost glad it cracked, I wasn't impressed from the moment I opened the box.
Thanks for the photos and info. :)
Can anyone confirm if the ep3 boss adapters can be used? I can pick one of those up tomorrow.
I fitted a HKB boss(OH 207) with no issues. Perhaps you had a dodgy batch?

The above version will fit EP3's so I'd imagine other brands will work that are suited for an DC5.

Justintian

Advanced Member
I got my boss from drift works it's the same as ep3. It fits perfect. You do need to have a play with the horn though find a place to plug the wire to the metal piece coming with the steering wheel.

antstarr

The HKB one I got from driftwerkz didn't have an air bag sensor which was annoying....Kev check your whatsapp.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kevin85

Advanced Member
It's all sorted now, got a momo adapter and it fits nicely. I'll take a photo maybe.

Driftworks refunded my hkb payment without hassle.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I Have a Works Bell boss. Don't have an installed picture, it is still in the box waiting for the right moment ;)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, it's an old wheel but I love the feel.

Although not a mega dished wheel like some of the others that look fantastic with the short boss and quick release it brings it about 6mm closer away from the stalks. Feels great

harry118

Thanks olly love it think that will be my next mod I was having abit of trouble as my left knee would hit the whe'll at times changing gear (I have long ass legs ) that why I asked but installed some lowere seat rail and have loads of room now so that's sorted

I'm guessing a omp wheel would be a straight fit on that boss ?