Steering Wheel, Boss and Snap off kit?

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Hi All

I did a quick search and couldnt find what I wanted, but I know I have asked this question before! So apologises is in order but I am still in a dilemma.

There is a high possibility that Ill be buying a new steering wheel with a boss and snap off kit soon. Insurance depending!

I am pretty set on getting a Personal Wheel however, I cannot decide what snap off kit and boss to buy. Looking for recommendations and best place to buy?

Thanks

Tom

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Personally I love the Spoon one. Loads of places sell it, 6two1 etc. Driftworks have a massive selection.

I was speaking to a guy on Facebook last night who works for Bentley hand trimming their wheels and does these in his spare time unless it's defiantly a snap-off you want. I think this is user Brophy's wheel off his page.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member

Personal wheel with HKB boss and snap off kit mate just arrived with "other " bits this week.

Drift works sell the HKB boss (there's 2 for ours it's the one for airbag steering wheels you need)

Hope this helps

Gordon

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Ace guys thanks for the response

Gordon, love your wheel, the one im tempted by but unsure on the dish?

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
The dish isn't massive buddy just right IMO

I can send you a shot of it side on to show depth if you want buddy.

This is a 350mm trophy one ;)

Gordon

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Id love to see more pics especially fitted

Could you link me to boss and snap off kit you got? Thanks

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Thanks Gordon

I had looked at that snap off but thought 60mm spacer plus dish would be too much?

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yeah I see what your saying.

I'm hoping to have a hand at doing some stuff in the car tomorrow if I can and pain isn't preventing me I'll try fitting the full setup and get you pictures of it on and me say in car I show how it's sits etc buddy

Can't promise as today's been a horrible day pain wide and tomorrow could go either way. Pity your not local you could've come do it for me ;) no? Worth a try lol

Gordon

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Haha I would of glady fitted it for you but we are taking Dads new FN2 to TGM :)

Let me know how it goes dude

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Lol

Weathers pants and I'm in clip I have work to do in Teg this weekend for parts selling so will hopefully get it fitted by end of weekend and put up pics biddy

Gordon

Rom

Advanced Member
Brophy, care to share the damage on that ?

I miss my dished wheel from my EF8, not sure if ill change the oem one in the teg though.

You running a resistor for the airbag Gordon ?

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
LewisK20 said:
Personally I love the Spoon one. Loads of places sell it, 6two1 etc. Driftworks have a massive selection.

I was speaking to a guy on Facebook last night who works for Bentley hand trimming their wheels and does these in his spare time unless it's defiantly a snap-off you want. I think this is user Brophy's wheel off his page.

I need one of these! So beautiful! How can I get one? :xaiweb6:

Brophy

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Brophy, care to share the damage on that ?

I miss my dished wheel from my EF8, not sure if ill change the oem one in the teg though.

You running a resistor for the airbag Gordon ?
Was from a guy off eBay, works for Bentley and does the wheels in his spare time.

Fantastic quality and great guy ;)

Can pass on the details to whoever wants just PM me.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yes I'll be running the necessary stuff to prevent the warning light buddy iirc they do 2 kits one for non airbag and one for airbag models and the necessary equipment is in the box.

Hoping the weather clears up so I can get this on tomorrow :(

Gordon

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
As mentioned I attacked this today and didn't go to plan I'm afraid. It's all on but I had to "modify" my horn and how it connects to the snap off boss to work the horn. It on but not pretty under Neath the button lol

In terms of SRS light removal the kit came with the required resistor

Weather turned so no pics of fitting and how far out it sits with the additional boss but feels comfy to me and quite happy with the new position.

Will try and get pics and upload them soon

Gordon

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Thanks for the pictures Gordon. Looks fantastic

That snap off boss does seem to make quite a difference on the space from wheel to stalks

How easy are they get to now? Do your hands have to come off the wheel?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Looks brilliant Gordon. Really wanting to swap out my OEM steering wheel, just keep hesitating when I go to buy anything, haha.