Steering wheel locks/gearstick locks security question

Jamesdelll

Hi all,

Currently have cat1 alarm, and running a yellow stop lock on my steering wheel however have noticed where it clicks onto to the wheel it‘s leaving slight indentations to the steering wheel which is really annoying and don‘t want it to cause any lasting wear/marks!

anyone here using other brands of wheel locks without any marks? Or even an older style gearstick onto handbrake style lock?

I‘m probably over paranoid but like to know it‘s left as safe as possible! Had a couple randomers ask me about the car on my driveway recently which I take as a compliment but also makes you a little worried at the same time!

Be interested to see if anyone has used the gearstick lock or wheel locks without it leaving indentations tonthe wheel!

ste01

Advanced Member
What about a disclock? Would that be better at not leaving marks on wheel?

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
I've had people take photos of my car on my drive mate so I get exactly where you are coming from.

If you are genuinely concerned, look into getting a battery immobiliser fitted. They are very cheap but also very effective because unless someone knows about it, the car won't be going anywhere. It's basically a removable key that you can remove in seconds, often fitted to kitcars and the like.

Jamesdelll

Thabks for replies yea wonder if the disclocks mark or a better option..

I‘ll do some digging into the battery immobiliser! I imagine it‘s the likes of new BMW‘s and Audi which are the targets now but nice to know it‘s safe as poss!

big-pete

Advanced Member
A switch to disengage/engage the fuel pumps a good one, just make sure you hide the switch. easy job.