Stereo loom help? What wires do what??

Rob_DC5

Advanced Member
I'm just about to fit a universal touchscreen double din head unit with universal loom, a wiring diagram only to show what the wires are, but struggling to find which wires on existing loom do what as the plugs are different so need to hard wire them all in. Any help appreciated!

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I just bought the Honda to generic adapter from halfruads, £10 and job done. No cutting wires and faffing about, plug n go.

Probably take less time to drive to your local halfords and pick one up than to start cutting and soldering.

Rob_DC5

Advanced Member
I've already cut the adapted off and prob too short now to re-solder them back in :( just need to confirm I have from car red/white wire, red/yellow wire and red/black wire

Not sure which one goes to ACC and which goes to 12v +

Rob_DC5

Advanced Member
Checked Halfords and they don't do the connector for this DVD head unit

Well after hours of searching web and how to forums, finally got it up and running. turns out there is only 1 wire that has 12v with ignition on and engine on. Not two separate wires for acc and permenant feed. The yellow and red wire! The others had no voltage at all.

So simply put the separate yellow wire and red wire together from new universal loom and hey presto! Pretty obvious now! Was getting thrown off as most forums saying other wires were permenant feed

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Glad you got it sorted. Just out of interest how is the signal on your radio? Gave up in mine its useless and stream anything I want to listen too.