Stereo recommendation

Zara

any recommendations on a double din unit for a dc5? One that works with iPhone and one that doesn't take a lot of work to fit in the gap already in car 😊

Rob R

Advanced Member
Me and James T run one of these.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/head-units/double-din/jvc-kw-av51-double-din

Fits really nicely, doesn't stick out alot like some double dins do and added bonus of having face off as well which is handy if you live in the hood.

Has a nice GUI and no lag from button presses. I've used with iPod and playlists playback flawlesly with gaps between tracks if it's a mix album. USB lead is quite long- easy enough to tuck through into glovebox so iPod can live in there.

Only downside is no bluetooth but an adaptor is available for about £40 if you need handsfree calling capability.

Zara

Not set a budget. Just want one that I can take out box n install hassle free. I have one but the surround is too big n I've tried everything to get it to fit. So I'd be selling that one to boost funds for new one

Rob R

Advanced Member
None of the surrounds will fit. You need to an RSX install kit from ebay america, you will end up binning half of it.

I'll grab a pic later and upload it

James-T

Advanced Member
Amazing head unit for the money. If there's one thing that bugs me with technology, is delayed touch screens. Fits perfect, almost instant response from touch, sound is decent too!

James-T

Advanced Member
Looks like the RSX one fits a bit better, unless yours isn't pushed in fully David?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Dead right James, it does fit perfectly, just need to re-adjust the 4 holding bolts which hold the unit in place on the built in cage... Recently took the unit out to plug in a new USB lead as the original had frayed a bit with use

Zara

Quite like the 3500DAB David. Seems they have updated to the 3700DAB. How easy was it to fit, does the dash have to come off to bolt in?

dotty

Advanced Member
I'm watching this thread as I'm after a new head unit , was looking at pioneer app radio da120 (I think that's that model)

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
dotty said:
I'm watching this thread as I'm after a new head unit , was looking at pioneer app radio da120 (I think that's that model)
That looks great to go with the iphone xthumbsup now you've peeked my interest for putting one in the FD2 ;) Handy for the maps.

T.G.