Stereo Removal

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Can anyone help me, i'm trying to remove the sereo that came with the car, its a standard Gathers CD player.

AS shown below, but i really cant remove it, no clips, screws, nothing.

And the pocket is just as difficult to remove too.

Any ideas on how to remove it without causing any damage?

Lianne_dc5

right i have had the same problem... but sorted not

remove gear surroung thingy whatsit and cupholders then underneath your pocket quite far back u will find 2 screws... or only one in my case... they are hard to see but they are there.

undo those and u will have no problems!! i think??!! :roll:

mikegsi

Staff member
easy enough to do, you need small fingers mind!

follow the guide posted above and you'll not go wrong! theres no need to remove cup holders etc, just that bit of trim the power supply sits in

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
I started taking the power supply trim off but it seemed to be stuck pretty solid, but on the guide it shows the clips so i'm now confidant that i'm not going to snap anything

mikegsi

Staff member
aye, just clips holding it in place, i go for the top left area to pry it off, i think there may be an indent to get a small screwdriver/flat blade in

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
There is indeed a handy indent, you think at first that you're going to bend/break the panel, but I've found a good sharp tug is best. You shouldn't need to touch the gear surround or cupholders, all that needs to be removed is the panel with the 12v socket on it.

Had the HU out so many times on my car while trying to solve feedback problems, I can do it in about 2 mins now :lol:

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Ok guys, cheers for the excellent help on head unit removal, done and dusted today, thanks

but.....

now i dont have anything to fix the existing pocket to, what have you guys used?

alexparkes

Advanced Member
Wa hey!

This guide is usefull as without it, i'd have been lost this morning fitting my new Pioneer unit!! :D