Sticky front plate

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
ive also got a sticky plate on for over a year and a half and no issues with the old bill or with the mot :D thanks again chris cc :D

Grov

Banned
Ok that settles it, ill get one sorted. It does look better......

Thanks for changing me mind. :green:

One final question, how easy are they remove, assuming someone has?

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Grov said:
how easy are they remove, assuming someone has?

Impossible. Took all my paint off my bumper,hence the recent bumper paint. :xlol:

Weak paint ftl. :(

Weekend toy here,so happy to experiment. :xcheers:

Grov

Banned
Ok guys, finally got the sticky plate on today (cheers chris), didn't quite get a 100% level fit, but it's good enough, can't notice it, looks a lot better.

1 question though. Mine didn't have a hole through the bumper, it was bolted underneath, and just glued in the middle, and you can really see the bits where the bracket bolted to the car, they stick down, was wondering what people do if they had the same thing? was just going to cut them off, but if id be a bit stuck if i ever needed to put the plate back on.

Can get a pick up 2moro if needed?

Anatonic

If you do want to remove a stuck on plate, I got a tip from a fellow ST owner for removing mine.

Use hot water and keep soaking the vinyl in it until you can start to peel it away. What it'll actually do is remove the vinyl but leave the glue on the bumper. I then used some Autobrite Tar an Glue Remover (Autobrite do some good gear) - few squirts, leave for a minute and then rub with a cloth and the glue will ball up and just come away like the glue you get on magazine covers.

Should then leave your paintwork intact, especially on plastic bumpers where paint can easily come off :)

jay82

Advanced Member
Anatonic said:
If you do want to remove a stuck on plate, I got a tip from a fellow ST owner for removing mine.

Use hot water and keep soaking the vinyl in it until you can start to peel it away. What it'll actually do is remove the vinyl but leave the glue on the bumper. I then used some Autobrite Tar an Glue Remover (Autobrite do some good gear) - few squirts, leave for a minute and then rub with a cloth and the glue will ball up and just come away like the glue you get on magazine covers.

Should then leave your paintwork intact, especially on plastic bumpers where paint can easily come off :)
or a hot air gun and the vinly won't get damaged or will your paint and won't leave glue,
but don't leave it in the one area to long or you will do damage it's gonna be hot so no latex glooves

gregb

Advanced Member
Any Irish members know of somewhere that could do a sticky for the front?
Had a who fellow did all kinds of them in Meath a few years back but fruck that with the fuel cost these days :shock: .
I presume most signage shops would do them without consenting to :-k .
Doesn't look so good with the IRL at the start though compare to the less country descriptive Uk reg plates on the stickies imo.

Just to give an idea of a half legal attempt at an Irish stricky :-"