sticky ' ish accelerating.

timyboi

Hi guys. So I've noticed sometimes while driving feather foot just cruising, that the car does not pull smooth and at a constant rate. Instead it will pick up and drop off like I was lifting and pressing the pedal but I'm not. It's not dramatic like a learner getting off the line, It's quite faint but I can definitely notice it and I don't like it. Anybody got any ideas? Any help or ideas would be much appreciated :)
Cheers. Tim.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Something varying the load on engine so could be anything hanging off the aux belt like air con, water pump, power steering alternator etc I've seen this before when coolant is low so basically pump is in and out of load, same principle with steering fluid. You'll feel the same load regulation when a/c is on as compressor kicks in and out so I'll ask the obvious, is it?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
What about tps on its way out? Or as Gordy says, a session of vtec may free up the IACV too which could help free things up again.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
IACV only does anything when its at idle so shouldn't affect engine under load. TPS would cut out aggressively at certain TPS angles, having experienced before i know how aggresive that is

Brecht

Advanced Member
my guess is also TPS.
mine does it too with the oem tps and with the ktuned hall effect one it's a lot smoother to drive.
Even when set close to 0 and 100,still needs calibration with kpro though :)

donzooo

Advanced Member
Brecht said:
my guess is also TPS.
mine does it too with the oem tps and with the ktuned hall effect one it's a lot smoother to drive.
Even when set close to 0 and 100,still needs calibration with kpro though :)
How is it to change them over? Easy enough?

timyboi

Sorry guys whats tps? Ok next time it's doing it ill give it good tec and see what happens. No kpro just air intake and 5zigen cat back. I haven't noticed ant difference when a/c is on but I rarely use it to be honest.... Thanks for all ur input guys.

timyboi

Ok cheers for that. So is there a way to test it? It's just I'd rather get it sorted then live with it. But don't wanna replace parts which don't need replacing. Unless their cheap as chips.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
The tps will either report a value or it won't based on voltage regulation. Contrary to what other members suggest I don't think it's tps related. If your tps fails at a certain position i.e reports 0 instead of say 8% then the car would literally lurch forward as if you just lifted off the pedal completely then it would go back again when it passed the faulty reading. What your describing is a minor feeling of irregular engine load

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
The tps will either report a value or it won't based on voltage regulation. Contrary to what other members suggest I don't think it's tps related. If your tps fails at a certain position i.e reports 0 instead of say 8% then the car would literally lurch forward as if you just lifted off the pedal completely then it would go back again when it passed the faulty reading. What your describing is a minor feeling of irregular engine load

So if all the fluids check out? Interesting thread thanks.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Fluids is an easy one to rule out. Otherwise it could be something wearing in one of the auxiliary pumps steering, water, ac etc you certain all wheels are free to rotate and not a brake binding issue ?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatal

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I did try my aircon the other week which was not working maybe that? Although as mentioned above a little blast usually clears it.
Also replaced my aux belt a few months ago and all seemed well there.

Sorry to thread hijack :)

timyboi

Hmmm ok. All fluid levels seem ok. I had a break binding issue on my jordan and could feel that holding me back when rolling. Can't feel it on this tho so wouldn't of thought it was brakes. I haven't had fault codes read u think it would show up?