Sticky Number Plate Removeal

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Just wondering how those with sticky number plates remove them, have removed them or would remove them if they had one on their car without damaging the paint.

The reason I ask is I brought 3 off of here but then opted for the Beatrush plate relocater, but through the winter I am considering fitting a sticky plate to make cleaning easier etc but would then revert back to the beatrush setup.

Is there a known way to remove the sticky plate without damaging the paint as the last thing I want to do it ruin the fresh paint on my bumper

Cheers

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Hair dryer until the residue is very warm. Slowly peel the plate off in one corner. You'll notice straight away if the residue is warm enough. If it is peel it off SLOWLY. Am then glue and far remover until all residue is gone:)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Would it not be easier to whip the plate locator off? Only two bolts. Or cleaning behind it... Flat object wedged in a microfibre mitt to wipe in the gap you can‘t reach maybe?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Would it not be easier to whip the plate locator off? Only two bolts. Or cleaning behind it... Flat object wedged in a microfibre mitt to wipe in the gap you can‘t reach maybe?
This is what I am going to do now as I cant be bothered with the slow process of removing the sticky one and then the residue and so on :)

Thanks for the replies though guys

Mardgee

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
This is what I am going to do now as I cant be bothered with the slow process of removing the sticky one and then the residue and so on :)

Thanks for the replies though guys
For the hard to reach areas like that I use my Halfords telescopic windscreen cleaner with a different MF cloth with some APC

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mardgee said:
For the hard to reach areas like that I use my Halfords telescopic windscreen cleaner with a different MF cloth with some APC
Cool thanks mate I am removing it each time and cleaning all, when not in use it's off and in the boot, look so much better plate less