Sticky number plate

wocka

Advanced Member
Hello Honda fams

I‘ve had a few people now ask about the best way to fit my sticky plates so I‘m making a guide

What you will need...

Craft knife or scissors
Cleaning solution
Drying towel or paper towel
Degreaser (if you can)
Something to apply the plate with
Masking tape (low tack if possible)

First you need to remove your plate holder, mine was already off so I‘m doing this from memory

Remove the number plate, mine was held by 2 screws

Then there is two 12mm bolts underneath the holder and one directly in the middle

Once off it will looks like this

Clean the area the best you can, use a degreaser is you have any to hand. I use Methylated spirits

Once it‘s clean and completely dry, get your sticky plate and your tape and get it in place

Move it into the position you want, measure it and then look at it by eye to make sure it follows the bumper lines correctly

Once your happy, stick some tape down the middle to one side

TIP - if you can get the black of the letters over the hole, you will hardly notice it‘s there once fitted

Now apply the shorter side, in my case the left side

Fold (not literally fold) the plate over to the right hand side, peel the backing off and cut the backing off with your scissors or knife

Be careful now to scratch your bumper!!

Now use your applicator tool of choice to apply it, make sure it isn‘t too sharp but is quite rigid to get good even pressure over the whole plate.

Maybe a bank card with a microfibre wrapped round it!?

Now that the left side is applied, peel off the centre tape and fold the rest of the plate over to the left, peel the remaining backing off

Now apply the rest of the plate to the flat surfaces only, follow the shape of the bumper but do not apply the middle bit at the top

once fitted you will see a gap in the middle at the top, if you have your plate higher than mine then your gap will be bigger

Now get your applicator and apply this part going up only, do it evenly upwards so go up abit to the left then right until you have gone the whole way up, this should stop all the creases

That‘s it your finished, if you have power and a hair dryer to hand then warm it up to get a better initial bond

If you ever need to remove the plate, use a hair dryer to warm the area up, start in one corner and work your way down one side of the plate

Now while warming carefully, pull the plate slowly at an angle towards the other end of the plate, not towards you

If you do this properly, it will come off in one piece and leave next to no residue

Any question, pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk