Sticky Plate Advice

mark type r

Advanced Member
Hi guys

I need some advice, just buying a sticky plate for my car and its asking for a size. Now i need it to be as standard looking as poss for an import so i dont run into a lot of bother.

What size do i need or which is best?

Standard size = 520mm x 112mm

Evo size = 330mm x 165mm

3/4 size = 390mm x 84mm

Cheers

mark type r

Advanced Member
Just been out to my car and the standard size of 112mm wont fit.

Im guessing that 95mm will be better? So 520mm x 95mm.

Is that what you lads with stick on's have?

MattDC5

Advanced Member
This is my, wonky, sticky plate to give you an idea on size. Ive never been pulled for it, i was pulled for an unrelated matter and they didnt mention it.
Im sure someone else will be along with exact measurements for you.

I have another which i keep meaning to fit, just need to use a hairdryer to make sure it goes on straight

mark type r

Advanced Member
Are they hard to put on?

Ive not ordered mine yet, might try a local market where a guy makes show plates but im not sure what his quality will be like?

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Its hard to get the plate straight as the front of the car is curved and the plate isnt.

Ive heard its easier to use a hairdryer to soften up the plate so it can be put on easier.

Theres a member on here who makes them up, chris cc i think his name is.

mark type r

Advanced Member
MattDC5 said:
Its hard to get the plate straight as the front of the car is curved and the plate isnt.

Ive heard its easier to use a hairdryer to soften up the plate so it can be put on easier.

Theres a member on here who makes them up, chris cc i think his name is.
Ive pm'd him but i think his inbox is full.

Cheers for the info :wink:

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
PM box emptied and replied to your PM Mark 8)

When you have another go at lining yours up Matt you could try positioning it then holding one side in place with tape.
Flip it over. Peel the backing off and smooth it down from one side, taking care when you hit the centre point of the bumper.

mark type r

Advanced Member
Received my plate today

Thanks Chris fast service again :wink:

Gotta wait till the weekend now so i can wash the car and fit it. I'll post some pics up then.

On the Chips away quote, he wanted £90 - £120 to fill the little hole!!!! Gonna have a go at sealing it to see what it looks like.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
can you post up a pic of the plate when you get a chance ?

looking to get a sticky too but want to be a legal as possible so want to check out the size and font of the plates chris makes up.

cheers....

MattDC5

Advanced Member
^^The pic above is a plate from Chris cc.

Ive never been pulled for it. Pulled for other non-related matters and they said nothing about the plate.