still on my quest to free up mugen parts , back to square 1

DC5-RS

well im still on my quest to free up some mugen parts to flog off because my wife is kicking off saying its way to loud , latest progress in trying to free up a mugen cat back including twin loop was to buy a buddy club spec 3 cat back which was put on the car today!

to cut the story short im back to square one :) once fitted the garage mechanic who put it on said that was a loud exhaust note really throaty and deep told me never heard a exhaust with such a aggresive growl took it up the street to see if there was any improvement in peformance or any difference in db but found out the hard way no lol got pulled over soon after by the old bill saying that it was very loud exhaust and that its not legal to have a exhaust that loud on uk roads... told him that just got it fitted today and that it did come with a bung which i have not put on it yet so it should quiten it down some what .

atm the wifey aint speaking to me she aint impressed at all :( as soon as i came round the corner neighbour came out said saying that was a very loud note from the exhaust he was impressed pity note all share the same views.

want to know does anyone else have a buddy club spec 3 exhuast and if so how much does the bung that came with it quieten it down? the weather outside is really bad so not had the chance to put it on myself to try out and compare but would like to know if the bung will make a good improvement in dampening the noise.

if not then i guess the mugen needs to go back on and then need to sell off the buddy club spec 3

the search continues lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone had experence in the bc spec 3 with the bung if so does it make a big difference?

sh33n

Advanced Member
I thought the Buddy Club Spec III was the loudest one Buddy Club did? :shock:

kingston

Advanced Member
=D> =D> =D> =D>

You brought a BC spec3 thinking it would be quieter than a Mugen (okay does have the race mani but...) are you mad??? :xClubbed: :p :p

You did know that the Spec 3 is probably one of the loudest dont you?

:xnworthy: :xnworthy: :xnworthy: :xnworthy: :xnworthy:

DC5-RS

kingston said:
=D> =D> =D> =D>

You brought a BC spec3 thinking it would be quieter than a Mugen (okay does have the race mani but...) are you mad??? :xClubbed: :p :p

You did know that the Spec 3 is probably one of the loudest dont you?

:xnworthy: :xnworthy: :xnworthy: :xnworthy: :xnworthy:

i do now :D lmfao

DC5-RS

fonz600 said:
Toda exhaust is really quiet if u want something thats discreet.
will need to look into that one, but overall i want something with a growl a bit louder than stock would be nice... im cool with the noise level of the bc spec 3 but the wifey aint thats the prob

ausR

Advanced Member
fonz600 said:
Toda exhaust is really quiet if u want something thats discreet.
i've got one of these, really impresed with the sound of it, i didn't want something to loud so went no where near the buddy clubs. i did think about the fuji RM-01A tho, that was my second choice.

ally_mac

Advanced Member
12T said:
Fujitsubo RM01-A is quite even with manifold :D
I have a Fujitsubo Power Gatter on with a race manifold and its got a really nice note of it, a lot quieter than BC, mugen, toda etc. I think most of the Fujitsubo exhausts are pretty quiet

Evs

Advanced Member
turbo5 said:
I have a buddy club spec IV and its quiet.
It is with the cat in, but I thought it was too loud with a decat tbh.

Need to remember that cats and turbos add a lot of silencing to the exhaust - so a system that's quiet with a cat or a turbo won't necessarily be a good choice for a NA/SC car with a decat :idea:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
turbo5 said:
I have a buddy club spec IV and its quiet.
Yeah was gonna say that, you should of got a spec IV mate, love the look of them and they are not so loud.