Stolen Eclipse

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin

Stolen in Lincolnshire, spotted in Sutton Surrey and Mansfield Nottingham and at a number of meets / cruises up and down the country. The owners name is Steve - 07968 722858 and there IS a small reward.

flick

Hope they catch the robbing T**ts ... looks a beautiful motor. Why steal something so conspicuous though ????

Chris_M

Advanced Member
I may have some info. :shock:

I live in Dumfries, SW Scotland and there is a `cruise` forum for the local racers.

A black eclipse with silver graphics was mentioned in the `Spotted` forum.

Here is what was said.

King_J i was speakin to a few folk last night and apparenlty its 350bhp hmmmm.
looks nice bar the silver graphics but respect to the guy.

SAXO_DAZ aye he took me a burn in it. puts you back in the seat with the pure power. blow off valve makes the sweetest noise ever. Oh and he stole ma cd lol oh and the silver graphics are part of an advertising deal he has with the suppliers.

Make of that what you will but there can`t be many black Eclipse`s with silver gfx going around.

Here is the URL if you want to investigate further.

http://www.dumfriescruise.co.uk/index2.html

Trung

Advanced Member
'Just to update you on this the guy has been caught and turned over to the police by some cruisers who spotted him and penned him in , in carlisle, Shane is now awiating the return of his car its nice to know that fellow cruisers have brought this scumbag down when the police couldnt '

flick

Would like to think this would rebutt some of the bad press cruises recieve but sadly dont think it will

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Taken from Scoobynet:

That's right guys, got a call from shane at about 10:15 to tell me the Dunfreis cruisers were in Carlisle after it had been spotted. They were following him from a distance at about 30MPH whilst giving the police a running commentry over the mobile phone of his position, direction and speed. They told him the police had sent a few cars to the area and were driving along parallel streets waiting to figure out where he was heading. When they found the correct spot - a roundabout on an industrial estate, between 5 and 7 police cars swooped in from nowhere and they boxed him in. Next thing the thieving scumbag was on the floor and cuffed.

Shane is now awaiting the return of his car to review the damage (internal and external). His thoughts at the moment are to completely go to town on the motor and the exterior as the car is pretty much famous now!!! To quote a phrase "Now me and the mad scientist here are gonna have to pull apart the block and replace the piston rings he fried"!!!!!

Shane has decided the £500 reward will be awarded to the guy from the Dumfries cruise site who reported it this morning to Shane, and then followed the guy around Carlisle tonight relaying information to the police. Top bloke, a job very well done.

That's not to say that an enormous thankyou is due to everyone who read the posts and kept their eyes out, or those who phoned/emailed/posted with information. This just goes to show what the performance and modifying scene can do when they all pull together!!! Everyone deserves a huge slap on the back for their efforts.

Thanks again Steve (& Shane)

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Chris_M,

Looks like the guys owe you a big thankyou:

Hey SJ_Skyline, thanks alot for spotting the posts from Dumfries. Without you spotting that, then we may never have even known it was in the area until it was too late.

Top bloke, thanks again.
I only cross posted!

BTW: Heres a useful site: http://www.twoc.co.uk/

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Nice one, very happy for u m8, and glad that this didn't end up in a chase/crash. :D

Chris.....well spotted m8, will c u up at Khill once the new season kicks off! 8)

BigDawg

Had a Car Stolen? Or know someone who has?

SJ_Skyline said:
Chris_M,

Looks like the guys owe you a big thankyou:

Hey SJ_Skyline, thanks alot for spotting the posts from Dumfries. Without you spotting that, then we may never have even known it was in the area until it was too late.

Top bloke, thanks again.
I only cross posted!

BTW: Heres a useful site: http://www.twoc.co.uk/
Hiya,

I run the twoc site. If anyone has any details on stolen vehicles, please post on the site.

Cheers

Craig