Stone chip protection

impne

Advanced Member
Just thought I'd mention it incase someone else was wanting this fitted.

It's a clear plastic that covers parts of the car that might be prone to stone chips.

I hunted around for ages and the best price I got was £450 but upto £650, they charge a bit more than a normal car because you can't get a template or pre-cut piece for the DC5

I've found a company called Track Torque Racing who mainly prep and race cars but they do this also (they do a lot for a local Porsche garage) and they are doing mine for only £120, it may go to £150 if they have big problems but still very cheap. My price is for front bumper and leading edge of bonnet.

They make template and then cut from one piece to fit the front bumper of the car or any other area you want covered.

If anyone is interested you can contact them on 01423 359768

They are based near Harrogate/Wetherby

logik

Advanced Member
Is is very visible when looking at the car that there is a layer on it?

Thanks for posting it up though.

Maybe throw up some pictures of before and after the work is done?

impne

Advanced Member
They told me you can see it

It wil be more visable on the bonnet as I'm only getting it fitted approx 1ft upwards from the front edge. If you have a look at most new 911's they have the same thing infront of the rear wheel arch.

Only reason I'm fitting is because I've found the Honda paint so soft and with a blue car and the roads I travel on you just can't avoid them and the odd one that I've got my eye just goes straight to it.

I was coming back from work today following a truck and because the dual carriageway was narrow the truck spat all the loose stones from near the kurb onto my bonnet and I was a good 6 car lengths back doing only 40mph.... I would have cried if I'd been in the Honda :(

I'm not too good with a camera but will take some pics before and after

bezza4

Advanced Member
My front bumper needs a respray and this is something I will def look in to if and when I get the bumper sorted.

neodc

in my town theres a company called paintshield, they do all supercars etc, they also work with the aston dealerships etc, so when you order your car, you can have film protection on the front. for a full frontal on the car it would cost around 400 i think, but its guaranteed, the citroen rally cars use their film.

Deff worth going as they really know their stuff, vicky bulter henderson takes all her cars there..

its in grantham, lincs.

Biddy

Advanced Member
At the moment i've got a courtesy car, its red, and that has the plastic sheilds on the bottom of the rear quarters, they are noticeable, depending what colour the car is i spose, but stone chips are noticeable once you've spotted them for the first time, so you might aswel protect your paint work imo. saves money if you would respray due to stone chips!
steve