Stone chip protection

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Online reviews generally aren't very favourable, pointing to difficulty in applying for a good finish and extremely difficult to remove if it goes wrong, even before its fully cured.

Given it only lasts a year, and with online reviews stating how difficult it is to get a good finish, it looks like a bit of risk.

Mike_DC5

Advanced Member
Its almost impossible to stop stone chips, however you can minimize them by less motorway journeys, not getting to close to cars infront,driving in heavy rain etc etc!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
As above its impossible to prevent, best bet is to try some protection film similar to what they use for wraps.

Erm

Advanced Member
Unless you wrap your car or paint it in plasti-dip the paint will get damaged at some point by stone chips unfortunately.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
I was thinking about doing a template for the front bumper for my sign cutter. Need to get my bumper resprayed first though.

Could also look at PlastiDip. They do a clear one and it is awesome stuff!!

Matt.

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Better just to enjoy it, and get it repainted in a few years when it's stonechipped again.
Clear wrapped front ends just don't look right. I've worked on a few that have actually done more damage than good too, stone chip still gets through but the paint peels when removing the sticker!