Stoptech Street performance brake pads

darrenk

Hello all,

I am in need of getting some new discs and pads and saw these pads on funky power and wondered if anyone had tried them before? They are only for road use so they won't be seeing the track and I haven't got to much in funds at the mo.

Also have seen the hawk hps from eBay for £69.99 and did a search and they sound fairly good. What discs do everybody use that are not Honda as I always find Hondas standard setup to be a bit disappointing and there are a fair few on eBay which look pretty good.

Any help will be great.

sinbad

Advanced Member
honda blank dics and ds2500's/Hawk HP+ are a great setup..

HPS are ok but only on par with oem pads.

darrenk

Ok cool I am still very tempted to go for ds2500 as all I have heard is very good. Just didn't no what alternative discs there are as when I had an ep3 I had mintex discs and pads which were just the cheaper pads, not the 1144 and they were really good but then when I went back to Honda discs and pads they were so much worse.

cosmic_chi

Yep I agree, the HPS pads are pants for an upgrade and are not much different to the OEM.

Ive got the DS2500 and dont rate them either although they are a decent pad. What i will be trying is the new EBC bluestuff as having used the Yellowstuff in the past and rate them so far as the best pad for our car's, surely the bluestuff can only be better

darrenk

I did think about getting some yellow stuff pads but I hear so many mixed reviews about the ebc pads and my dc5 currently has redstuff pads and the pad has a chunk missing on the edge of the pad and its making my brakes squeal hence why I need new brakes.

sinbad

Advanced Member
redstuff are only really good enough for the rear brakes. Yellowstuff in my eyes aren't that good.

The new EBC bluestuff NDX pads are meant to be really good but only suitable for track work. Some retailers will not sell you them unless your going on track.

Soo if your not doing any track work, stick with the DS2500's there perfect for the road. I rate the HP+ as slightly better than the ds2500's but they do need a good stop before they are up to temperature.

Oh and brand new OEM discs will make a massive difference compared to some used ones which have been running oem pads.

Also think about upgrading your brake fluid.
Racing blue is pretty cheap (circa £10 for a full fluid change) or RBF600 which I use and that will be circa £24 for a full change

darrenk

Ok that's great thanks mate. I wont be doing any trackdays as the closest is castle Coombe which is about 100 plus miles from where I live. Will be ordering ds2500 come pay day but not to sure about which discs yet.