Strange electric problem

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Hi folks,

Couple of weeks ago i stopped at a petrol station and when i turned the car back on the left indictor stays on and makes a weird buzzing sound when i actually put it on then using the stalk! It stayed like that for roughly 5 minutes but went away!

then last night i started the car to pull it into my driveway and the same thing happened only this time one of the main beams wouldnt come on the sidelight was flickering as the wiper went up and down and when i put the indicator stalk to the left that buzzing noise still happened! Now underneath the steering column the cables are a mess from whoever installed the alarm is it likely this is the issue?

Or has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Could be water ingress somewhere shorting something out. Check your lamp holders by the headlights/rearlights and check to see none of the wires are melted/ damaged/ wet etc, check all the earths/ grounding points are connected and not corroded.

Is a recent alarm? if it is, it could possibly be that that is causing you problems. As that would make the indicators light up when its armed/unarmed etc.

Tbh, Wiring faults can be a number of things, and they are usually never easy to find. Good auto electrician should be able to check everything over and give you a better diagnosis.

good luck and keep us posted. :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Sounds like alarm to me. As Simon always says, honda electrics are great, until somebody fits an aftermarket item to it.. (ie. alarm).

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Hmmm.. Thanks for the responses folks! I dont drive my car during the week and so it hadnt moved in over a week.. My dad seems to think the battery is low and is messing with the ecu so i have it on a trickle charger and ill give it a go and see if it resolves it!

Otherwise im looking at a new alarm i think! Alarms been in years and i cant see any water ingress but hard to tell without taking everything out!

Ill keep ya's posted

Thanks

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Ok so definitely not the battery as i had it charging all day and still doing the same thing..

Car starts and runs 100%..

My key fob is not unlocking the central locking either have to do it by the key!

Could this be an ecu issue? Or unlikely?

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Issue seems to be with the left hand side only.. Right indicator and headlight works fine!

Are the fuses seperate on each side?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
They will be earthed on either side, its behind the front bumper on the chassis leg, might get to it from the wheel arch if you pull the arch liner back.

Probably be the first and easist thing to check.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
do the headlamps come on when you arm or disarm the alarm? some systems have this as an option, i would start by removing/checking the alarm,

you say your keyfob isnt working, do you mean the factory honda one of the alarm one?

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Hi guys!

All sorted.. wingnuttzz was correct it was the earth on the chassis leg on the passenger side behind the water bottle that had come lose!

Tightened back up and everything is sorted.. Thank god too i was starting to worry!

Thanks for all the replies though really appreciate the help!