Strange Headlight Issue!

donzooo

Advanced Member
Right guys wondering if you can help me as I am stumped with this one!!

Basically... Tonight I noticed my left side HID bulb wasn't working and my full beam also stopped working at the same time so the whole headlamp is out apart from the side light.

Also when I turn my dipped beam on, the full beams on BOTH sides light up very dim (they intermittently turn off and the left side turns off completely when I turn my full beam on)

Any ideas? Possibly relay issue? The light is a tiny bit condensated so could be a water related problem? Totally scratching my head though.

Thanks

Donald

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Youve blown a fuse

Fuse box location is under the bonnet. Its a yellow colour but obviously theres a few yellows. Ill check exactly in the morning if you havnt found it already.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Thanks mate. Checked my fuses and replaced a yellow one that had blown. Unfortunately the dipped beam isn't coming on but it my full beam is back.

Maybe the ballast has blown and taken the fuse with it.

Still don't get why the full beams were coming on dim though, haha.

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Yeah ballast has failed i feel your stress. If theres condensation, water probably got in and dripped down into the ballast and is causing short circuit hense blowing the fuse. Nightmare having to take bumper off to access. Id recommed an after market hid kit from HIDS DIRECT. Or buy a used ballast but they are getting old now and unreliable. And also suggest looking for gaps around the headlight case and fill with silicon.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Fahadl786 said:
Yeah ballast has failed i feel your stress. If theres condensation, water probably got in and dripped down into the ballast and is causing short circuit hense blowing the fuse. Nightmare having to take bumper off to access. Id recommed an after market hid kit from HIDS DIRECT. Or buy a used ballast but they are getting old now and unreliable. And also suggest looking for gaps around the headlight case and fill with silicon.
Yeah it makes sense to take the time to do that while the bumper is off!

Thanks a lot for your help. It's a pain but at least I can dry out my headlight and do a small preventative job while I'm at it :)

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Donald_TSC said:
Yeah it makes sense to take the time to do that while the bonnet is off!

Thanks a lot for your help. It's a pain but at least I can dry out my headlight and do a small preventative job while I'm at it :)
Remind me next weekend I'll show you my alternative cheaper solution buddy.

Gordon