Strange Hole under dash

ben04

Since I've had the car I've noticed this hole under the dashboard (under cd player) what on earth is it for?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Interior light, should have a cover with a red insert in it to produce a red glow. Have a look in Roms thread, he has also asked the same question today, but has a picture of his complete one. :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Looks like yours is missing the lead/ lampholder.....mine came over the same way mate.

The cover had broken/ come off on mine allowing the lead to have fallen behind the dash trim.... but the lampholder was there. hopefully yours is. It just glowed a bright white with no cover, which was far too bright for driving at night.

To access it, pull the curved bit of trim with the 12V socket in. Just pulls down / forward. You should be able to see if you have it hidden away in there, or if it has been completely removed. If its not there, anyone breaking a DC5 may have the little cover, but they may only sell it as a complete unit. (not expensive) . ;) A new one just plugs in to the loom, and away you go.

Its a nice touch even though it is only noticeable if you put your hand under it in the dark, or a drink can etc. Other than that its like its not there. :)

ben04

well the mystery is solved! haha thanks guys.

ill have a nose at it on the weekend to see if there is a wire hidden somwhere in there :)

S

stwteg

Mine was missing too when I bought mine. Got the lead, bulb and little red cover off a breaker. 5 minute fix. Little red light at night now:)