Strange OIL change.

macer

Advanced Member
Changed the OIL a few days back, when I took out the sump plug the OIL didn’t flow out in its normal fluid motion, it started out as a small trickle and then in a pumping action and eventually after about 30 seconds it stared to poor out easily. I had done a trackday only a few days before hand but I have never seen this happen before, any ideas?

logik

Advanced Member
Odd alright, but it sounds very like the behavior or air. I mean air causes gulps until its gone and then the fluid will flow normally.

You notice anything different during the track run?

macer

Advanced Member
logik said:
You notice anything different during the track run?
Car was fine on the day, there is always the concern that you will find somthing wrong afterwards

spo_gen said:
Stupid question but did you change the oil when the engine was warm?
Yea it was nice and warm,

I’m wondering if it’s anything to do with leaving the car sitting for a week after the trackday then changing the OIL.

rick c

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Daft question again...did you remove oil filler cap and take out the dipstick??
I was going to mention that, then it occurred to me that I've changed my oil before without removing either, and the oil still flowed right out smoothly.

Different car though, maybe the oil pan's different

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
probably due to lack of removing the oil cap and dip stick. The vacuum created would hold the oil in momentarily

macer

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Daft question again...did you remove oil filler cap and take out the dipstick??
I left the dipstick in, the OIL filter was removed during the removal of the OIL, can’t say for sure it was when I removed the filter the flow improved.

macer

Advanced Member
Thanks for the advice Guys xthumbup I think I took the OIL cap off before starting but I cant say for sure.