Strange rev limit.

dapc

I went to Bedofrd Autodrome today and they asked for a noise test. they asked for me to rev at 5500rpm, but it was bouncing at 5500. is this normal or do i have launch control? vtec engages all ok, all the way to 8+k. Just found it very strange that it bounced so low in the revs. (i can understand if it's a way to protect its self) knowledge would be apprciated!

Modmedia

Advanced Member
I thought the same thing on my first DC5 I was like wooaaah launch control lol then I googled it and realised it was normal haha.

rascal69

Advanced Member
Yep normal.
If you stick it in gear with clutch down u can rec it to what you want.
So could hold it at 5 or 6 k revs for noise test

dapc

Ah ok! Much appreciated, i should have searched for it, but I was up at 5am that morning and exhausted! He asked me to rev at 4500, car made 92db, standard exhaust bar a back box. Fantastic day out though!! The car handles brilliant all on standard shocks etc.

Grov

Banned
How do you test this when you have Kpro, as you have the launch control at 4k revs, and you need to be going 5mph or more for it to rev higher? They'd have to walk with the testing gear behind the car?

rascal69

Advanced Member
How do you test this when you have Kpro, as you have the launch control at 4k revs, and you need to be going 5mph or more for it to rev higher? They'd have to walk with the testing gear behind the car?
Don't have to have launch control set up

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
its a royal pain in the ass if you have kpro with launch at 4k, trying to get thru noise testing was always tricky, as the guys want to see a minimum of 50% max revs, normally more. several times i had to get the laptop out and increase the setting or disable it.

the noise test has to be static, even if you are moving slowly the noise would be getting dispersed as you moved , we even asked the guys at combe to walk behind once like you (jokingly i hope) suggest, you can guess what they said, it wasnt polite..

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
You can set a manual override for the kpro launch control, i.e. Applying the brake pedal will allow full stationary revs (handy for noise testing)

Grov

Banned
its a royal pain in the ass if you have kpro with launch at 4k, trying to get thru noise testing was always tricky, as the guys want to see a minimum of 50% max revs, normally more. several times i had to get the laptop out and increase the setting or disable it.

the noise test has to be static, even if you are moving slowly the noise would be getting dispersed as you moved , we even asked the guys at combe to walk behind once like you (jokingly i hope) suggest, you can guess what they said, it wasnt polite..
What about if you have K100, you can't adust that then can you mate?

Are they really that strick, i mean it's pretty obvious surely if you're over the limit if it's cat'd and got a silencer, etc.