Strange split Eagle F1

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Hey,

Was just doing a check of my Tyres and notice one side of my F1 has sort of split most of the way round. The tyre still has plenty of tread on it as I don't do many miles.

Is this a tyre fault or just bad luck? Could I send it back? I know with this type of thing it's a grey area but with other products it might be doable?

Wondered what other people would do or if they have had the same thing or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Think I got them from funky tyres a trader on here I think. Did a quick Google and looks like they are not trading anymore, guess I'm out of luck then.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi mate,

Have suffered from the exact same thing, also bought them from Funky tyres.

Appears to have been a defect in the tyre. I emailed Goodyear who were willing to help but you have to go through the trader so no chance of getting it sorted mate. :(

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hi mate,

Have suffered from the exact same thing, also bought them from Funky tyres.

Appears to have been a defect in the tyre. I emailed Goodyear who were willing to help but you have to go through the trader so no chance of getting it sorted mate. :(
Rubbish hey mate oh well, prob won't get tyres from a small company again for this reason.

Shanks

If you used a credit card for payment, have a look at 'Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act' to claim back some (or maybe all) of the costs.
I managed to get money back from HSBC on damaged goods from a company that then went bust.
If you used Paypal then check the 'PayPal Buyer Protection' section. They might be able to help.
Citizens advice (and google) are brilliant for matters relating to the 'Sale of Goods Act'.
Of course it all depends on how long ago you purchase the tyres. Anything over 12 months and it gets tricky. Not impossible, but you need to prove that you havent misused them.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
They look like old perished ones from that photo. Have they been left in standing water for a long period of time?

Adam

cjh1981

Advanced Member
They are about a year old, with no track time on them.

I will have to look at how I paid usually CC as gives you a bit of a safely net. Then decide how worth it will be.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Also look to see what the dot date is. This is the date of manufacture and is a week number and year. If you don't know where it is Google it.
This way you can find out when the tyre was manufactured, just cause you've had it a year doesn't mean it's a year old.

beppe786

Beppe
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
They look like old perished ones from that photo. Have they been left in standing water for a long period of time?

Adam
i thought the same when i saw them.. normally the cracking happens on old tires

2ndy

Advanced Member
They look like they have been stored incorrectly, may have been a bit of a rubbish trader who didn't sell very much so had them lying about a long time

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
Also look to see what the dot date is. This is the date of manufacture and is a week number and year. If you don't know where it is Google it.
This way you can find out when the tyre was manufactured, just cause you've had it a year doesn't mean it's a year old.
Nice will do never knew thanks for the tip

p1tse

Advanced Member
You say you don't do many miles, but it's not far off the wear indicator in a year? How many miles have you done since having them?

As above looks more perished through age

Rom

Advanced Member
Dot code is needed. They could be years old. Need to see it really, will tell you week and year of manufacture.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Had the tyre replaced today and the guy said they was nov 2013 so not years old and had 5mm left on them I think.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Quick update on what happened with F1 in case someone else has the same issue. It took 10 weeks but got a letter through from Goodyear saying I am entitled to 75% of the value of the tyre. They didn't say what was wrong it just sorry for the inconvenience etc.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
That's good to hear. To be fair they responded to me quickly but I couldn't do jack as Funky Tyres whom I bought it from have ceased trading. :(