strange week might be selling up

integraleo

Advanced Member
Strange week,had my neighbour basically knock on my door and offer to buy my car off me. I'd not really thought about selling it but the offer is legitimate ( asked me to go look at another dc5 on Saturday which we did but it wasn't up to scratch) then offered to buy mine the very next day!
I have the opportunity to pick up a supercharged fn2 for similar money. I've been wanting more power for a while and supercharging interests me but very expensive to do to mine. I've had a really hard couple days weighing up what to do, my dc5 is basically finished with all paint,brakes,engine,suspension, tuning, mods done. It's had new o2 sensor New idle control valve fitted and needs nothing,even tyres have loads of life left. More power newer car is a big draw but having never driven or even sat in fn2 I don't know what to expect. I like the idea of having newer car and this particular one has Eibach springs and frsu done so just needs a dif. Any un blinkered opinions?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
It is a very nice car to drive on a daily basis imo, my dad has one. His..., not being supercharged or anything is pretty placid, still a car that you can have fun in. Nut not the same as the DC5, and even my old EP3 was more responsive to drive, but I still like it. more of a cruiser....I would have one as a second car, plenty of headspace in the back, huge boot again, which is a plus.

Your question will open up a can of worms on what not to get etc, I'm sure, but if you are thinking about, go for a test drive in one. Or even better, test drive the modded one if applicable? They can also become very good with the likes of TDI and their Modded one proving this, so very capable cars indeed with the right amount of legwork needed. Only thing is it wont hold its value as well, and like you said the diff etc, but if you are looking for a new venture with things to tinker with and the time is right for you, then go for it. :) very smooth gearbox too, mines been fully stripped and rebuilt, and the gear changes from cold in my dads are flawless.

Personally I wouldn't get rid of the Teg, hold out and see if its possible to charge the 5, but this is only a question you can answer. If the money is right, the timing is good then good luck to you with what ever you choose. :)

James

integraleo

Advanced Member
Thanks,to charge the teg I have a price of around 3500 to do it,if I do my car is still 112000 miles and 13 years old. The fn2 supercharged is straight swap money wise for mine.

Ezza

Advanced Member
Perhaps look at buying a Teg already charged? That will annoy your neighbour :)

paul 16v

Advanced Member
I ve had a fn2 and it was a great car.. but the they just dont look as good as a 5 nor do they attract the same level of attention..which might be a good thing depending on where you live!!

Erm

Advanced Member
You'll regret it if you do imo. Especially seeing someone else drive your dc5 every day

integraleo

Advanced Member
I've been through the mill about this over last few days and I still don't know what to do. Tomorrow I find out if the person interested in my car can definitely get the money or not so could all be in vain anyway

integraleo

Advanced Member
Well found out this morning from someone that viewed the fn2 that's it not worth me viewing it,he went to view it and said it needs a lot of paint,it has rust issues and has 3 years service history missing! So that's a no go then.
Got offered 7500 for my car

tico_87

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Well found out this morning from someone that viewed the fn2 that's it not worth me viewing it,he went to view it and said it needs a lot of paint,it has rust issues and has 3 years service history missing! So that's a no go then.
Got offered 7500 for my car
Is it really worth letting go for 7500?! I know if I got offered that for mine i wouldn't think twice about saying no...

But if your bored of it and fancy something different or newer then it might be the time to let it go. I was in the same situation when I sold me em1.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
If someone even offered me £10k for mine(facelift,v good condition 33k miles) I`d laugh in their face.I still believe that theres not a car out there in its price bracket that would give me what the Teg does...chuckability,reliability,pretty fast,still a real head turner and has kept its value pretty well too.I still just look at it and smile,even if its just sitting on my drive and thats 9 years on,even the missus thinks I`m crackers!No, my car`s definately a keeper..its not going anywhere :xno: :xvtec: :xnworthy:

DC5RS

DC5
dc5-2ltr said:
If someone even offered me £10k for mine(facelift,v good condition 33k miles) I`d laugh in their face.I still believe that theres not a car out there in its price bracket that would give me what the Teg does...chuckability,reliability,pretty fast,still a real head turner and has kept its value pretty well too.I still just look at it and smile,even if its just sitting on my drive and thats 9 years on,even the missus thinks I`m crackers!No, my car`s definately a keeper..its not going anywhere :xno: :xvtec: :xnworthy:

Every teg owner should say that !

integraleo

Advanced Member
Well getting rid of the car is not an issue anymore. I have a jrsc turning up this week and a full charge cooler set up on its way from the states within the next fortnight. Should be fitted and tuned within 4-6 weeks if all goes to plan. 320ish bhp here we come.
Teg staying with me now

Chewy

Advanced Member
Haha! What a come back...

Neighbor offers to buy the DC5...Thinks about it....AND...It's supercharged.

Top man!