Stubborn brake dust on Bronze Volks

tron2k3

Advanced Member
I've got some really stubborn brake dust on the edges of my Bronze CE28's, Due to the pitted surface of the wheels they seem to absorb brake dust, I've tried all sorts of products on them (non acid based btw) but It just won't come off.

Anybody recommend anything?

I remember someone else having the same issue a while ago I think Livvy had something which brought them back up but not sure what it was.

TIA

Will :wink:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Andywilkinson said:
If i remember rightly, she said she used peanut butter, could of been taking the urine though :lol:
Hmm its not april 1st is it? :lol:

Are you serious :?:

Evs

Advanced Member
She did say that, but she never said how she discovered it... :lol:

Tbh that trick is probably OK for getting rid of the white wax residue but I doubt it'd shift brake dust.

I'd use wheel cleaner, scrub with a toothbrush to agitate it into the texture of the finish. Clay bar works well too.

Much easier to do this off the car tbh

Get some of that Poorboys sealant and apply that when you've finished, makes them much easier to keep clean 8)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Evs said:
She did say that, but she never said how she discovered it... :lol:

Tbh that trick is probably OK for getting rid of the white wax residue but I doubt it'd shift brake dust.

I'd use wheel cleaner, scrub with a toothbrush to agitate it into the texture of the finish. Clay bar works well too.

Much easier to do this off the car tbh

Get some of that Poorboys sealant and apply that when you've finished, makes them much easier to keep clean 8)
Maybe she loves Peanut butter and wheels and put them together :lol:

I used wheel cleaner with a tooth brush along with 3 other types of brushes but still there is a thick layer of dust, it's not just little specs though it's like a real think layer of dust. I have some new Bilberry cleaner which I'm testing and it fantastic for new dust and dirt, just spray on and rinse off, just noticed the bottle says can be used neat on baked on dust just spray and leave on for 15mins, it's non acidic so should be safe to do so, I'll give that a whirl, maybe I should read instructions before using things :lol:

I have some Poorboys wheel sealant but I find it leaves a white residual which I can't buff out on the CE28s so use a type of glaze now instead which brings out the shine in the wheels.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
jay82 said:
u could try this
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_i ... cts_id=115

i use this to take the black of the exhaust.
Thats probably the worst product you can use on the anodised CE28N's.

The peanut butter theory is true actually, alot of US owners use this method. Apparently 'smooth' is better than 'crunchy'. :lol:
I may have to give that a go, I'll just make sure no-one is watching while I do it :lol:

Thanks for the help guys :wink:

logik

Advanced Member
Have you tried Auto Glym Wheel Cleaner? I think it is Acid Based though, but i use it without problems.