Stubborn grime on trim edges an around badges

Mardgee

Advanced Member
R3br said:
Yeah just use a detailing brush and small artist painting brush and work it with the stuff,you dont have to use sufex hd neat .. just take abit of time and use a microfibre to wipe away
I‘ll order some now, cheers - hope it works!

Dazaturbo said:
Auto finesse citrus power and a detail brush 👍🏻
CP isn‘t touching mine, gutted as I love the stuff!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Any APC with a detailing brush should get it off. Any remainder a cotton wool bud with some compound or polish on at most should do it. You also have the alternative of de badgeing, polishing the area and applying new badges.

Mardgee

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Auto Finnese gets very mixed views tbf Autosmart do a great APC
Generally I've done well with them, my previous white cars looked great with a base of Tough Coat & last winter I got away with quick washes using Citrus Power in my snow foam and just wiping the glass.

Saying that recently I've been trying lots of different stuff and Bilt Hamber and Gyeon specifically Gyeon Fabric Coat and the Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel are outstanding.

I've ordered some of the BH stuff mentioned above and will give it ago, the AG Paint Renovator stuff was all I had that was moving it other than 50 passes with clay but was worried about how strong it is.

Cheers for the advice!

cam87

i used clay on that stuff but i still need to do the badges, its a pita. Mine just come from japan and was caked in it :(

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Had the same dirt myself. Not done the badges yet but thanks for that steam cleaner hint Alex, it did start to work but I ran out of time for that.

What worked for me under the roof rails, door seal and behind the indicators was normal AG shampoo followed up with AG Resin Polish. Low to medium pressure. Clay did not work for me in this instance, it only removed he lighter surface dirt.