Stupid Recaro Seats

User

Advanced Member
God dammit I hate the material on these Recaro's seats.

I've got my very first tear in the material - the rib cage bit of the driver seat.

So, here's the solution - I'm going to have them re-trimmed in PROPER leather. The stuff that doesn't wear out, or stain or mark.

Going to talk to these boys

http://www.geocities.com/theschaffinoleather/honda.html

Will let you know how I get on. I'm thinking £500 should be enough for the two front seats to be done in a decent quality leather.

I could get them re-trimmed in the DC2 alcantara - but why bother? They'll only be worn out again in 18 months time. :roll:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
£450 + vat is a very very good price for leather.

In the past i have paid double that for two front seats in full leather, the price has only been close to that for leather/vinyl mix so beware.

Only negative is that you slide around in leather, does not grip your ass at all,

kingston

Advanced Member
IMO, half leather, half black cloth will look shite and whats to say that you wont tear the leather?

At 450+vat, wouldnt it be cheaper to buy aftermarket bucket seats?

Evs

Advanced Member
Seems very reasonable indeed - interested to see the results 8)

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
Would you not be better getting a good set of seat covers :?: Type r ones for instance, will keep your seats in excellent order

mikegsi

Staff member
C&S Evo7 said:
Only negative is that you slide around in leather, does not grip your ass at all,
and in the summer its roasting hot, in the winter its freezing cold, but its wipe clean material for those embarrasing spillages :wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
leather u slide on...no good for holding in on corners now is it. never for me. defeats the object.

ausR

Advanced Member
just make sure your 100% decided cos if you decide to change back its big $. i ripped the base of my drivers seat and to get a new part (fabric and foam) honda quoted me $800AUD. yes $800 for 1/4 of one seat. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
and in case your wondering you can only get this fabric from honda as its their fabric not recaros.

diesel

the new type s in oz has leather, its ridiculously slippery, i'd be against leather whereever possible, but it sure looks, smells and feels great.

User

Advanced Member
Guys I'd only be having the "wings" and bolsters done - the actual arse part and the section that your back rests against will be stock - and that's where you get your grip from - the material bit.

So rather than being alcantara and fabric - it'd be leather (black with red stitching) and fabric.

Won't look massively different and will still hold me firm because I'll be sitting on the same fabric rather than leather.

User

Advanced Member
Just to clarify - everything that is presently alcantara will be leather and everything that is fabric will stay untouched.

User

Advanced Member
Dunk, I'm just thinking proper leather is going to take the wear and tear of day to day use better than alcantara. If I get it done in black leather I'll not have to worry about it ever again.

50/50 as to whether I go for leather or just buy the material from Capital.

On one hand the inside of the car may not look right having the back seats alcantara and the front leather.

:?

Rash

Hi mate,
i'm pretty much in the same dilemma - was going to get the bolster repaired then thought why not get it re-trimmed in leather - harder4 wearing and i was gonna get the 'wings' only done so the rest of the seat is as standard...
however was going to go for a dark blue (as my car is an arctic blue dc5)

but as you say it wont look right as the rear are all black..

may just contact capital and see if they can get the exact fabric..!

Rash.