Subframe removal

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Evening all

Bit of advice in advance really, I'm getting my winter plans in order which means I'll be stripping the whole underneath of the car apart and paint, replace parts as I go for new.

My question is can I remove the subframe which the engine in place so I can paint it up ?

Any advice is much appreciated

Olly

2ndy

Advanced Member
Yea you can, 4 subframe bolts, from and rear engine mount bolts ARB bolts and Lowe arm bolts

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Many thanks for the advice, I know the engine won't go far it's just nerve racking

BigCarlo

Ive literally just removed one from a ep3 to do the clutch. The only real rubbish thing is you might destroy the anti roll bar drop links in the process of removing them. It's so common when taking them off i would factor replacement of them in the cost of the job it happened all the time when I worked as a mechanic.
On the plus side it's not as heavy as it looks

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

ollydc5

Advanced Member
All good news, they are a nightmare once weathered I bit. Have brought new Cusco arbs so new arbs links will be going on :)

Many thanks for the heads up

2ndy

Advanced Member
When the subframes out get it seam welded, makes a nice difference to the steering feel!

ollydc5

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
When the subframes out get it seam welded, makes a nice difference to the steering feel!
Cool nice tip I'll plan to get the subframe off early then so I can get it sorted

Many thanks guys