Sumo power Experience

ladykb

Advanced Member
I have decided that its time to start putting some mods on my car I want to start with an induction kit, i've been looking at the HKS reloaded or the Arc.... im looking at a supplier called Sumopower, has anyone hsd dealings with these are the recommended? or can you recommend someone else?

Starting with little bits,

Fuel Cap
Oil Cap
Radiator Cap
Coolant hoses
Induction
Oil tank

etc

Thanks

sinbad

Advanced Member
Sumo power are well known on the tuning scene. I believe they actually started of with modifying honda's then into skylines and then all other makes and models. They are the official supplier for J's racing parts as well i think.

However considering you are only after universal parts why not stick with one of the traders on here like Unit-8 / 8speed?
They have great customer service and can supply any of the parts in your list below.

Stoo

Whining.....
Can I just say that all of that stuff bar an intake is absolute pointless bling tat.

Completely unneccessary and a total waste of money

IMHO you'd be better spending it on other things that make a difference

-

ladykb

Advanced Member
Stoo said:
Can I just say that all of that stuff bar an intake is absolute pointless bling tat.

now im a female so bling pretty tat is right up my street :D out of interest for the small cost of what i have listed what would you recommend? i know nothing about modifying cars as you can see, hence why the female goes for the cosmetic improvements first :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stoo

Whining.....
For that lot, you're probably looking at theaharp end of £300

For which I'd go for springs, camber bits and a fast road set up!

dave c

400hp K20
Here is a little bit about you they are and what they do:

[youtube]Hrfeeb8GYi0[/youtube]

eXceed

Resident Driver
dave c said:
Here is a little bit about you they are and what they do:

[youtube]Hrfeeb8GYi0[/youtube]
Nice, dave think I'll have to check your reel motion site out. Looks pretty cool.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Stoo said:
For that lot, you're probably looking at theaharp end of £300

For which I'd go for springs, camber bits and a fast road set up!
i will 2nd that stoo eibach springs with tgm fast road best mod ive done i think :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Stoo said:

-
Stoo, Now theres no need for that is there?

if a fellow member wants to dress up his/her car then why not? and to be honest the only things there that are purely decorative are the fuel cap (didnt even know anyone did a fuel cap) and oil cap.
everything else has a useful purpose and while not actually producing any extra power can work with other modifications in the future .
-uprated rad cap will have a 1.3 bar rating (stock is 1.1) so will allow slightly more pressure before venting to the expansion bottle, usefull on a trackday
-the uprated radiator hoses will be stronger and less likely to crack or deteriorate due to age.
-The indction kit speaks for itself, even a cheap AEM will still work better than oem and sound amazing
-the oil catch tank/separator/breather system also helps reduce the amount of oil geting reburnt compared to the stock system which breathes back to the intake without removing any condensation or vapour from the air.

Sumopower are good to deal with and a very proffesional company, they are the official supplier of J's Racing.

sinbad

Advanced Member
Nothing too much wrong with your list, although you'll only see the goodies when you pop the bonnet.

No point getting an oil tank in my opinion though. Induction is a good mod to have as i think they sound great and can gain you alittle power.

ladykb

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
Stoo said:

-
Stoo, Now theres no need for that is there?

if a fellow member wants to dress up his/her car then why not? and to be honest the only things there that are purely decorative are the fuel cap (didnt even know anyone did a fuel cap) and oil cap.
everything else has a useful purpose and while not actually producing any extra power can work with other modifications in the future .
-uprated rad cap will have a 1.3 bar rating (stock is 1.1) so will allow slightly more pressure before venting to the expansion bottle, usefull on a trackday
-the uprated radiator hoses will be stronger and less likely to crack or deteriorate due to age.
-The indction kit speaks for itself, even a cheap AEM will still work better than oem and sound amazing
-the oil catch tank/separator/breather system also helps reduce the amount of oil geting reburnt compared to the stock system which breathes back to the intake without removing any condensation or vapour from the air.

Sumopower are good to deal with and a very proffesional company, they are the official supplier of J's Racing.
Thanks, thats exactly why i wish I knew what I was talking about =D>

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Sounds like you're looking primarily for dress up parts and any performance benefits that come with them. Nothing wrong with that, most people like a bit of bling 8)

I think you need to work out what brands you want first before deciding on a supplier. For J's stuff definitely Sumo + a lot more of course. There will be other brands where you're best off going to others e.g. Mugen - TGM, TDI North etc.

Let us know what you've got your heart set on and I'm sure people will offer an opinion on the best/right places to get them xthumbup

Stoo

Whining.....
Si, I wasnt being rude buddy, just pointing out that her money could be better spent on more beneficial items.

Oil cap looks pretty, OEM does the job.

Rad cap/oil breather tank/coolant hoses, I'm pretty sure OEM ones are more than up to the job, even for trackdays. Ive never had an issue with any of those!

Intake, yeah ok, no need to talk about that.

Mugen do a fuel cap. Tat again! OEM is sufficient.

I'm sure for the money for that little lot, you would feel more benefit from the chassis mods I recommended than you would from a .2 bar increase in coolan presure.

Just trying to help :D

ladykb

Advanced Member
ive looked in to the springs suggested, what sort of cost am i looking at for fitting fir lowering the teg? I am quite interested in this mod thanks Stoo

dotty

Advanced Member
Ring up TGM for springs and a fast road set up, around £500 all in new I think, but it is worth checking out the classified adverts and getting some used sprins and camber arms/bolts etc :)

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
i had the above fitted at tgm back in april it worked out at about £700 all in,i also had there own braded braded lines/fluid changed at the same time that has helped beef up the brakes alittle bit aswell both deffo good mods imo

Stoo

Whining.....
I had SPC arms, and an FRSU done recently and it was £230
So add springs (c.£200) and fittting (c.£100) and you're looking at £5-550